Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 04.02.2011, 12:55 PM
New here
New here

Default Having problems with sounddiver

Hi,

I am having some problems with sounddiver. I've connected my virus C directly to my sound card via midi-in and midi-out. When I start up sounddiver it does recognize my virus c. But when I want it to request patches it only finds a few from bank A, If I am trying to request for example bank B it gets an error. Below is an Image:

The midi-in and midi-out are both connected.
The Device ID matches (is 1).

Sometimes it does load some of the patches but then sometimes on a patch it gets an error

Edit: What is the meaning of the 'bold' displayed patches?

Hope someone can help?

Greetings
Old 05.02.2011, 11:52 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Oh stop it my sides are aching...you dont really expect any software from access to work properly do you? countless revisions to the ti software have not solved any of my problems so I'm afraid your fucked with this old crap...I had the same experience with the virus A & sounddiver.
Old 06.02.2011, 12:49 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Well SoundDiver wasn't made by Access at least. It's the people that you now call "Apple".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emagic
Old 06.02.2011, 06:09 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Please stop I cant take much more ; )
Old 06.02.2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Roby,

Has SoundDiver properly worked for you before with the Virus C, or is this the first time you're having problems?
Old 06.02.2011, 03:31 PM
New here
New here

I loaded all the patches now, I just have to restart sounddiver. But I guess there are some other ways to get those patches in right?

I got my virus C second hand but it is working 100%. Only sounddiver actually finds half of the patches and crashes sometimes. If I restart sounddiver again I can load some other patches again.. It crashes randomly. So I think its nothing with the virus C.
Old 06.02.2011, 11:24 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
Well SoundDiver wasn't made by Access at least. It's the people that you now call "Apple".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emagic
I really wish Apple would make the software for this synth...
Old 07.02.2011, 12:23 AM
Pro
Pro

Urgh please.. No thanks. As much as I love buying a product that can only do half of what it should be able to (iPod), I think i will pass. Dont need big brother over my shoulder telling me how to use my computer and my media.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 07.02.2011, 08:30 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Not sure what your getting at mate? I dont remember Apple ever telling me what to do with my computer, in fact if they ever found out some of the things I do with there hardware/software they would probably be not too pleased ; ) hhhmmmm I think I'm getting way off topic here, time to shut up.
Old 07.02.2011, 11:56 PM
Pro
Pro

Heh sorry Berni - its shit like the iPod that i found incredibly frustrating to use - no ability to upload your music off the iPod without using third party software, putting your ipod into different libraries causing sync issues/trying to wipe your songs already on there etc.. I dont appreciate being treated like a criminal, nor do I appreciate a product that can only do half of what it is capable of.

Besides, I'm at uni again and every hipster and his dog has an apple laptop bought by their parents constantly flipped open to running facebook and not a whole lot else. It just shits me .

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/