Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.02.2011, 11:39 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default is my Aftertouch faulty (KB)?

Hi all.

I have never got the aftertouch to work on my Virus KB. The Pressure is set to standard (64). I've gone through many patches and not one is affected by adding pressure to the keys.

I haven't had the KB very long (bought it used), I have looked through the manual and see no solution.

Maybe I've missed something obvious?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 21.02.2011, 12:19 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Maybe the patches you've been using have no parameters mapped to aftertouch. There's not a lot of presets that use it, I think.
Old 21.02.2011, 01:02 PM
New here

I looked in the manual and I see no way to assign aftertouch to patches...is that not possible?

I also have a Nord Modular, and it has a preset called "AftertouchIt"...I wish I could but my Virus KB will only respond as a midi keyboard to the Nord with normal key strokes, velocity and pitch/mod wheels...no aftertouch.

Is there a simple way to test aftertouch on the KB?
Old 21.02.2011, 04:03 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Go in the mod matrix and you should find something like "channel pressure" (or an abbreviation) in the "sources" - set it as a source to a very audible destination like reducing an LPF's cutoff or increasing the pitch of osc1
Old 21.02.2011, 05:19 PM
New here

Hi Roby,

yeah...just did that...all 3 Assigns on "ChanPres"...but no effect. When I switch the Assigns back to mod wheel or knob, then the effect is there.

Is it a common fault, that the entire Aftertouch function breaks down? I thought maybe it would affect single keys, but not the entire keyboard.

Velocity is fine.
Old 21.02.2011, 05:52 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

You said pressure is set to "standard/64" do other settings have any effect? I'm just guessing here, I have a TI desktop using an external controller with channel aftertouch
Old 21.02.2011, 05:53 PM
Pro
Pro

Email access, they could help you troubleshoot this quickly. Aftertouch should definitely be working via chanpressure and its used on a fair few presets as well. Is there any other options in the main menu (located to the left of the main panel near FX that can be scrolled through?)

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 21.02.2011, 05:59 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Email access, they could help you troubleshoot this quickly. Aftertouch should definitely be working via chanpressure and its used on a fair few presets as well. Is there any other options in the main menu (located to the left of the main panel near FX that can be scrolled through?)
Yeah, I've been through the lot...there are only two mentions of aftertouch/pressure: setting the value (64) and assigning it as source (which Roby31 identified for me, but unfortunely also didn't work).

I've now asked the same question on the official Virus forum, if I get no joy there then I'll email Access direct. Be a shame if it is faulty, it apears to be the only fault (I hope).
Old 21.02.2011, 06:33 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I've seen the thread (obviously an answer from me would have been useless) - I'd suggest contacting them via email (the form here http://virus.info/page/render/lang/e...resources.html ) as it might be pretty simple to solve with their knowledge
Old 21.02.2011, 07:12 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
obviously an answer from me would have been useless
Your response was great . I didn't know about the source->ChanPres function until you directed me.