Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 03.07.2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
What about Atom Heart Mother?
That was the final breaking record. It still had some of those psychedelic elements but the upcoming PF style was a dominant part. The title track is great! This is probably the most progressive PF album.

Quote:
I wouldnt say easy listening.....that kinda sounds boring
It's easy listening because it's not complex and it's very straight forward. It's almost like artistic pop.

Quote:
Mmmm...The wall. At the height of Waters massive ego! Not my favorite album. Dont know what you mean about animals though, it is probably my favorite album by PF, absolutely brilliant.
The Wall has some great tacks. Waters might had a big ego, but afterall he was the one who made most of the PF sound and really was the headman of the band. When Waters left it all crumbled.

About the Animals: It might be too difficult album to start from because it takes some time to open up and for people who have not used to that kind of music it won't probably ever open up. That's why it's bad idea to start from there.

Quote:
I wasnt a big fan of Umma Gumma, except of course Astronomie Dominie. And whats wrong with being Stoned and listening to Floyd records??? One of my favorite past times ;)
Well, that's probably very popular. There's no other way to explain popularity of psychedelic rubbish and monotonic there's-a-kick-and-there's-a-hat-and-whee-we-have-a-track electronic music. ?hih.

Quote:
Anyways.....whatever! They rock....I think we agree on that
Yes.
Old 09.11.2005, 08:02 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Roger's Voice was showing a lot of emotion at the gig, kind of tutching really. I could see the connection between Dave and Roger on stage. With music that emotionaly powerfull anyway i can understand the loss on Rogers voice.
Did you see his bass setup? drull..
Old 10.11.2005, 10:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

are you for real? roger's voice sounded like his about to get close to god (dead..)
i belive he hasnt been practicing for years now.

i hope they reunit & make a new album & maybe use the Virus TI in it.
Old 21.11.2005, 03:31 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Roger sounds the same as he always did, just not on that night.
He was clearly overwhelmed by the whole thing.
After all Floyd is his baby really.
He?s a much underrated bass player and he does not get the credit he deserves as a producer.
I prefer Rogers?s solo stuff to the new Floyd sound any day.

I really admire the work he did on dark side and the stuff he did will Allan Parsons at Abbey studios!
genius
Old 21.11.2005, 01:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

DSOT (Dark side of the moon) is one of my alltime favorite albums.
You just can not beat that catchy bassline on "Money"
Old 21.11.2005, 03:49 PM
Pro
Pro

My mum used to follow Pink Floyd around to concerts and she was a bit of a groupie. I could be the bastard child of Roger Waters for all I know. (No can't be, that was in the 60's and I was born in 77. They used to lie down in the dark and listen to tunes apparently.
Old 21.11.2005, 06:34 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Roger is the reason for their unique style of music; Roger is the one who changed the rules of the music and timings that makes Floyd?s music so unique. Consequently very difficult to work with musically and in a league of his own. He is a brain chilled and a genius musically.
Old 22.11.2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+?
Roger is the reason for their unique style of music; Roger is the one who changed the rules of the music and timings that makes Floyd?s music so unique. Consequently very difficult to work with musically and in a league of his own. He is a brain chilled and a genius musically.
You are forgetting Syd Barret...

He started the band, he was trying to implement things (like non-traditional rock instruments) when the rest of the band rejected the ideas (then later embraced them)

He was a man way ahead of his time, his ideas and songwriting were revolutionary.

What Waters did with the Floyd was great, but lets not forget old Syd. A genious! Put on "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" and give it a good listen. An extraordinary album

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.11.2005, 04:03 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Yes m8, Sid was a great artist and an innervator. He invented the comb and ball bearing guitar playing that people like Steve Hillage adopted. But thats another floyd. Sids floyd and Rogers floyd are different!

Roger did take control of the music after Sids departure and the music change with Rogers leadership.
Old 22.11.2005, 04:06 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Syd's real name is Roger Keith Barret BTW!