Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.09.2010, 07:05 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default MIDI implementation for Virus B?

I am looking for a midi implementation chart for Virus B, showing the CC mappings. I found this for virus C but I don't think it is the same for the virus B. Anyone know where I can find this?
Old 21.09.2010, 07:45 AM
New here
New here

Same here. Have been searching for days.
Old 21.09.2010, 04:08 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Er...it's in the manual. Doesn't that give you the info you need? I've used it to create an entire CC/sysex VSTi editor for the Virus B, so I can't imagine that there's a more comprehensive source of info available. I used the manual from the B's latest OS version (4.9), grabbed from the Access site.
Old 23.09.2010, 09:40 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Hmm, if it is in the manual, then I do not understand how the information is presented. I am trying to find out which CC maps to the LFO1 rate or clock divider.. The only thing I can find is a description of the parameter B18 Lfo1 Clock, but NOT which midi CC is used to control this.

The MIDI implementation chart only lists 7 CC numbers, not all of them.

I am looking at the Manual E (the version linked to on the website)...

am I missing something here?
Old 23.09.2010, 12:28 PM
Complete Newbie

I'm afraid so. Only the A 'page' contains CC values; the B page is for sysex values. That means they have to be addressed by transmitting a message that looks like this:

f0,00,20,33,01,dd,7x,pp,nn,vv,f7

where x is page A or B (0 or 1), pp is part number, nn is parameter number and vv is the parameter value.

In other words, basically impossible to map most hardware surfaces (and many software interfaces) to. That's what my VSTi editor does - it has a mapping of all those B-page sysex params (as well as the A-page CC params) and inserts the appropriate value, whether it's being controlled by mouse drags on GUI sliders or hardware controls that are mapped to the VSTi.

Check page 252 of the manual for the grisly details I'll give whatever help I can, depending on what you want to do.
Old 01.10.2010, 07:26 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Hey, thanks for the help.
What I want to do is quite simple really, I wish to change the LFO clock divider via my sequencer, for instance, to set the LFO rate to 1/12, 3/16ths, 1/8th at specific times. How this is done is not too important.. I was sort of hoping to draw the appropriate CC curve in the sequencer to control this.
Note that I don't want to control the rate per se, I really want the LFO to remain in sync with the main clock.

Is it possible to embed the appropriate sysex into ableton clips which would do this?

If not, can you suggest alternative methods?
Old 01.10.2010, 02:17 PM
Complete Newbie

http://infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32390

Open Ableton, run the VSTi, set up your MIDI out in the VSTi's options, then click 'Configure' in the Ableton plugin box (the one with the X/Y pad in it). Then change a value in the LFO clock divider dropdown and the parameter will display in that X/Y box. Now you can draw the curve (well, some straight lines, as Ableton Live STILL doesn't do true curves, goddammit) and change the values in your sequence whenever you please.
Old 05.01.2014, 03:21 AM
New here
New here

Default MIDI implementation of Virus C

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone has tested this ctrlr software with Ableton Live 9? I've got a Virus C and am hoping to implement it a bit better with my computer like a soft synth.

Thanks!
Chris