Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 09.05.2006, 01:44 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Assemblage 23 using heavily Virus b

Anybody here listening to this guy`s music? Assemblage 23 is a one man project since late 90s by Tom Shear and as he says here
http://www.assemblage23.com/studio.html
he`s using his Virus b on ~ ? of all synthwork. On his albums you can really hear all the beauty in darkness of Virus and how versatile it can be. Some of his tracks like for example my favorite ?Naked? from album ?Failure? could easily be a part of Access download section. You could describe his music as darksynth / industrial dance i.e. futurepop [term I don`t really like as it doesn`t say anything by itself but it`s spread all over now], his early work as mostly EBM and he`s one of the most popular acts in those genres. He recently released a side project album under Nerve Filter name which is more exper. electronica with less Virus in it and more soft synths. There`s a cool forum as well as a part of his web page ..

p.s. Icon Of Coil is doing something similar but even more upbeat & dance oriented and their inteview and a whole bank of patches are available from Access web page.