Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.03.2010, 10:38 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus Indigo 2 OS 6.6 update problem

I recently bought a Indigo 2 with OS 5.5 and it also only goes up to bank D127.

First and foremost I want to update the OS to the newest 6.6 version which I downloaded through the access website. I read the manual (Can you say shoddy instructions?) and these forums and searched google for some assistance.

Eventually I figured out how to get the files sent to the Virus.

I have Alesis Freeloader v1.0 and Midiox to help send the files.

I also use a MOTU Fastlane 2.0 MIDI interface.

At the end it comes to what seems like a semi common problem where it reads on the screen something like, "Last Received Block 15" and then "Block was missed Please try again". Unfortunately any threads I found with this problem never gave a solution often finding the original poster later replying "got it to work!" and never explaining how.

How do I get further than this? I tried waiting it out and hoping it would eventually work, I tried hitting store, I tried holding store, I tried cranking up the volume I can't figure it out.

I am going to assume I have all of the settings right. Midi ports selected, SystEx enabled on hi and lopages, global and device on channel 1. It counts up and then stops at Last Received 15 blocks every time!

Please help!

PS: Glad to make the upgrade from the Virus B desktop to the Indigo 2!

EDIT: I also saw you can use Windows Media Player to do this. Do I need to adjust any settings in that to make it work? I clicked the associate .mid files to work and it doesn't seem to transfer at all.
Old 16.03.2010, 11:09 PM
New here
New here

OK! So I knew if I posted I would figure it out. I had to go to windows control panel and select the midi port in sound / audio devices! DOH!

Works perfect in WMP.

"Don't touch me" is a great message to see on my virus while it was finishing up.