Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 25.11.2004, 08:36 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Playing multiple Virus Channels in Cubase SX atthe same time

Is it possible then?

At the moment when I select ANY or Channel 1 in a midi track in SX, which corresponds to the GlobalChan on the Virus, it plays.

So if I wanted to play another midi track, but use a different patch/prog, in the same project how do I do it please?
Old 25.11.2004, 09:31 PM
Veteran
Veteran

You have to choose Multi on your Virus. And make sure that each Part has a different midi chanel.
>hit Multi - the led above Multi goes on
>hit Edit - the led above Edit goes on
>use the ( - Part + ) buttons to go thruogh the 16 parts.
>use the ( - Parameter + ) to find the 'MidiChanel'
Old 26.11.2004, 06:54 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Re: Playing multiple Virus Channels in Cubase SX atthe same

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleyking
Is it possible then?
Oh yeah baby!!! Anything is possible in this place

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 26.11.2004, 07:41 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

cooool, just opened up a whole now frontier - wicked.
Old 26.11.2004, 08:05 AM

Quote:
the wonderful world of general midi
Old 23.04.2005, 09:16 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
yes just discovered this myself and what a hurdle to leap. Only problem is that that u can only have one instance of the effect setting for all 16 parts when in MULTI mode.

So my question for those who use thier sequencers and virus's in this way how do you get around this? I'm kinda a little frustrated because you tweak a sound till it is just what you want including the effect and then it gets taken away.

Whats a solution? I'm still learning how to sx2 and my virus c so basic explanantions would be good.

I'm going to try a few things tonight and I'm guessing that I will have to have to set up a similar effect and an audio channel in cubase.

What do you do?
Old 23.04.2005, 09:35 AM
Veteran
Veteran

There is no way to get around it. The virus has a global delay/reverb (heaven knows why, totally retarded idea in first place.) If you want to use it in multi-mode then your up shit creek im afraid. Yes I know it makes multi-mode pretty much a waste of time unless you plan on using external delay/verb for each sound.

The virus TI will change all of that because it has independant delay/reverb for each sound, doesnt help you much I know but still its about bloody time

ten
Old 24.04.2005, 12:38 AM
New here
New here

yes after my initial excitement and thinmking that this would make the work progress great i'm now disappointed

so I guess i have to record each sound to an audio track and keep the midi track for changing if need be at a later date.
Old 27.04.2005, 05:04 AM

brett one workaround for this situation is to set up your audio outs through your soundcard... and use vst fx.

for example if you get a soundcard with 6 trs in's, you could record 3 stereo channels simultaneously from the virus into 3 seperate stereo channels in your sequencer, each of which can be set up with different vst fx.

this is one of the reasons i am still sitting waiting going insane waiting for the TI. 8O

cheers

blay
Old 28.04.2005, 01:26 PM
New here
New here

cheers pete. i have a pulsar2 card limited analog ins but also has digital(adat) ins which is why i've been thinking lately that my next purchase will be an A/D converter. any recommendations? and do the "puchases" ever STOP!!

ps give my love to everybody down there!!