Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.08.2006, 04:14 AM

I'd like a 61-key Polar with violet LEDs and a 9" color widescreen that attaches to the back of the unit. I'd also like an on/off switch and more knobs, eliminating the need for a shift key.
Old 13.08.2006, 04:41 AM
This forum member lives here

It would be great to see something in the virus control that displayed the resource usage of the ti. As I start stacking on more and more parts, I would love to see how the cpu is doing and how many voices I have left at any given time. This would help me approximate how much more room (to add more sounds) I have left before I start to max out the system.
Old 14.08.2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
As I start stacking on more and more parts, I would love to see how the cpu is doing and how many voices I have left at any given time. This would help me approximate how much more room (to add more sounds) I have left before I start to max out the system.
You already have this early warning system built in. Its called SatanSaw

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 14.08.2006, 05:09 PM

On a serious note.....quite a good idea Dr Jones!

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 14.08.2006, 06:18 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
It would be great to see something in the virus control that displayed the resource usage of the ti. As I start stacking on more and more parts, I would love to see how the cpu is doing and how many voices I have left at any given time. This would help me approximate how much more room (to add more sounds) I have left before I start to max out the system.
Yeah, this would be great. However Access might also shoot themselves in the foot by doing that because now most people think that the polyphony is 80 or more always. They might loose some customers if the synth showed the reduced polyphony after adding another reverb etc. But anyway, that would be a good idea. People should just understand that the dsp engine is dynamic.
Old 15.08.2006, 02:48 AM
New here
New here

I'd like to see some more choices for the waveshaper. Step sequencer would be nice, but not obligatory (get a Radias and MIDI it up for that! <g>). Some sort of LED indicator for voice-stealing, though my ears usually give me sufficient info there when I'm patching. Comb filter might be nice, though subtle use of flanger, phaser and chorus together does a similar thing. Ability to overwrite a selected ROM bank. Provide alternate functionality for the shift button, so that either a) it works as currently, or b) it's a toggle for all shift-related functions. Latter is better for the studio than the stage, though. Ability to use arpeggiator as a source in the modulation matrix. And/or step sequencer, if made available (OTOH since you have the ability to choose any MIDI CC #, within reason, to apply as a mod source, this is redundant if you have ANY other synth with sequencer capability and ability to output seq to MIDI, of course). Full Sysex spec included with manual (sorry, I'm old-school). Loopable envelope segments (A6!). Visual graphics for all wavetables (yikes!) in a manual or PDF, so I know more explicitly what I'm scanning thru when I modulate (though using my ears is sufficient here). Can you choose start and endpoints for a wavetable to scanthru currently (probably)? If not, would be nice to be able to set both, on each osc.

Not a lot I can think of, this is a pretty full-featured synth!
Old 18.08.2006, 04:23 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

jhajkdhgkahsdkghaskjdghkjasdhgkjhaskjdghjkasdhgjkhasjkdghkajsdglhaksjldghajklsdh gjklahsdjkglhajklsdghjklashdgjkhakjlsdghlxvjbmnxcnoqwieruqihetuiweyqtuipyqwuipqi wetuipqwetyadshgkahvzmbvm,zbcvhjadfklshuiqwetiopuqwetiohajklsdfhjklahgjbzbvm,zbc vajhsdiqwue and the FLASH TO ROM FFS! :P
Old 19.08.2006, 08:43 AM
Pro
Pro

I want a juno filter emulation
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 27.08.2006, 02:11 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I would like the TI only to open channels bieng used in VC. for example: besides opening up all 16 channels on initial start up have it open just one and from there add whats needed. I dont use all 16 tracks at a time.
Old 29.08.2006, 12:40 AM
Veteran
Veteran

One of these on every patch.