Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

View Poll Results: is file sharing music
good frees real music to the masses instead of processed microwave meal music 6 28.57%
bad ,we need super rich untalented demi gods 0 0%
i dont know 1 4.76%
good, a good way to get previews of records before actually buying them 14 66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31.12.2005, 11:28 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

So much for the stereotype - Im nearly 40 and am a trance producer (among other things).

Yes - I use Reason v3 on occasion, but rarely use it for trance - it has much better uses and its synths dont sound nearly as good as a virus or a v-synth, and I prefer the drum sounds of my roland v-drum kit and motif es.

I record rather than program most of what I do, treating the studio more like a live rig (but I dont play live). Most of my drums Ive recorded from my v-drum kit and then tweaked/quantised etc as needed, but I like to keep things a little real - even with trance too much quantise or programming can kill it.

Yes - of course I use arps alot, but prefer to play and record them as well rather than just draw in the chord patterns (im crap at prgramming music basically) and the odd f*ckup produces many happy accidents

Sorry if that trashes the spotty oik stereotype - personally I dont think the average spotty brat understands the point - they have never been stressed enough to need to loose themselves in it, nor have they ever experienced the big rave parties, or the big clubs and the atmosphere of those gigs. Spotty oiks might be able to do techno, acid, but not trance.
Old 08.01.2006, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Why has the thread died. G??!
Old 09.01.2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Why has the thread died. G??!
Let me start it again by saying TRANCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09.01.2006, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Let me start it again by saying TRANCE SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Hoho. But why anyone doesn't comment the main issue. Did everybody went to sit in a basement to cry or something?
Old 09.01.2006, 06:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

guilty!
Old 09.01.2006, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
But why anyone doesn't comment the main issue.
I would be a hypocrite if I said I have never done this, but I don't see the harm in trying before you buy. Some may come back and say check out the 30sec clips on itunes and such, but i have been had by a few of those clips. THey will play the intro or sllow section for a clip, and when I go out and buy the album the song ends up being some heavy metal thrashing shit instead of what I was looking for in the preview.
Not oo mention CD prices are on the rie again for no reason. Back in the early 90's they were at $18.99 a pop. Once the file-sharing (napster) revolution hit they dropped down to $9.99. Now the record industry is doing no better than it was a few years ago and cd prices are now up to $13.99.

I am caught at a crossroads. I want to support the artist, but dont want to pay an arm and a leg for a cd. Also dont want to give the record execs my money. In a "ideal" world I would prefer to buy the album and pay $$ off of the artists website. Fuckin record labels! Anyways. . . . .
Old 01.02.2006, 11:17 AM

My opinion. Good and Bad

Bad for obvious reasons

Good for finding new music and learning, try before you buy and all that.

I admit that I use p2p networks to download music Ive heard about or recomended by friends, or whilst browsing www.discogs.com and having found something interesting.

But of course I do buy whatever I want afterwards, for me its just a massive source of audio demo clips
I dont like the sound of mp3's either, so anything i like will be bought on CD