Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 06.01.2005, 08:09 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default FX Teleport, YAY!

www.fxteleport.com

This changes my computer plans quite throughly. Instead of one 3500+ A64, FX Teleport makes two 3000+ A64's possible and very tempting. Damn what amount of power the setup would have. The slave running FX and the host running VSTi's...
Old 06.01.2005, 08:53 AM

Looks interesting......

About time the PC world caught on.... hehehe....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 06.01.2005, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Wouldnt get to exicted about fx teleport. It has TONS of problems. If you check the forums they are littered with people who have latency issues, plugin problems and ones that it doesnt work for full stop. Only a handful of success stories.

The worst thing of all tho is the plugins the slave machine is running HAS to display the gui on the SLAVE machine. So you either need 2 pcs and 2 monitors, or a program like vnc to display the slave pcs screen on your main pc. There is currently NO way to display the slave plugins on the host machine which makes it almost not worth using.

Max is working on version 2 at the moment, but no one has heard a peep from him in months, so hes either pissed off to bora bora with all the money hes made or hes working hard on version 2 (hopefully the latter)

ten
Old 06.01.2005, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

It's a shame that it seems that people are having problems with it. otherwise it would be pretty neat to use that in your setup.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 06.01.2005, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
About time the PC world caught on....
*cough* VSTSL *cough* Been around for ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Max is working on version 2 at the moment, but no one has heard a peep from him in months
Damn. Seemed too good to be true. Weird that the GUI's of the plugins don't show up. Seems really impractical.
Old 06.01.2005, 10:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes it sux totally.

If versoin 2 can somehow allow slave plugs to show on the host machine and all the other problems are ironed out it would be a seriously cool app. Imagine 10 machines all linked together, each dedicated to a couple of plugs, vsts, or samplers

Afaik the mac version has been in beta for over a year. I think he will wait for version 2 now before doing the mac.

ten
Old 06.01.2005, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
It's a shame that it seems that people are having problems with it. otherwise it would be pretty neat to use that in your setup.
Yup. I wouldn't mind having true dual 3000+ A64.
Old 06.01.2005, 03:35 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I also wanted to try that alternative since you only need 1 soundcard for the whole setup even if you use 3-4 machines...

However, with all the horror stories I've heard...I'd rather not try
Especially since I only have 1 computer @ the moment and I don't feel like buying a 2nd one, setting a home network, THEN trying the product hah

I really don't like VSTSL since you need multiple soundcards. I might give it another try tho when I get the VIRUS TI, if I ever need more processing power
Old 06.01.2005, 11:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Well I'm here to say your all wrong, well at least I have this set up working great. I have a headless machine in the hallway cupboard. (2.6 Intel Machine) and I run Nuendo on my Laptop in the Studio (1.8 Intel). I use XP with Remote Desktop, a feature of XP pro I believe.
I run lots of reverbs and hungry vsti's in my hallway. I can choose to tweek them via the Remote Desktop ( seeing the headless computer on my laptop ) or with the FX Teleport plug you can change between remotly hosted or locally hosted. You just choose local, make your tweeks and changes them flip it to remote. All latency is acounted for by Nuendo just like any other plugin. One or two plug ins don't work that well so I just don't use them remotely.
BTW I used to connect the two machine via one crossover network cable, with a few problems, then I got a 4 port switch and it works flawlessly.
I like my 4.4Ghz PC setup!
Old 06.01.2005, 11:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Like I said, it works for SOME people perfeclty. I know of at least 20 people who have tried it and its gone to shit for them for one reason or another. I dont think its worth the gamble of buying a second machine unless your sure it will work for you or you have access to a second machine already to test it.

ten