Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.10.2008, 10:51 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Latency Trouble with Pro Tools 7.4.2 and My Virus TI Polar

Hey guys. Hope everyone on here is well. I'm looking for some help with serious latency issues with my Virus TI Polar and Pro Tools 7.4.2. Before I get started, let me give my specs:

Mac Pro (Quad Core)
4 Gigs of RAM
Leopard (10.5.4)
Pro Tools 7.4.2 CS1
003 Factory
Access Virus TI Polar 2.7.3

I'm have crazy latency problems when using the Polar with traditional midi (midi cables and audio cables) or when using Virus Control (USB). Basically, audio from the Virus (either way) is so late that its almost unusable. I know the midi information isn't the problem because using the Polar as a midi controller for other RTAS insturments in Pro Tools works great. Timing is perfect. However, when using the Virus as a sound module (again either traditionally or Virus Control), timing is way off. I have Pro Tools sending midi clock and the Virus Midi Clock set to "Sync To External". Anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated. I can understand that maybe I would have problems with Virus Control, but I'm at a loss with a traditional midi setup giving problems as well. Thanks in advance to all that respond.

Merlyn
Old 30.10.2008, 04:52 PM
Infektion taking hold...

When using Virus|Control, I recall the Virus TI tutorial video for Pro Tools saying that you needed to enable the RTAS engine option(s). Doing that as well as enabling the "Live" function in Virus|Control should get rid of any latency issues.

As far as when you're just using it as a regular sound module... whenever you're recording or just simply monitoring, make sure you have Low Latency Monitoring enabled. You'll find that in the Options menu of Pro Tools. You should then be monitoring and recording your analog inputs with zero latency.