Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.10.2005, 08:06 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Just Got My Polar In Miami! Ben, got a little problem that

Just got my Polar and I must say that it is indeed a sexy piece of gear! The white finish is sweet.

Ben, got an issue that I'm hoping you can help me with. I've got the Polar hooked up directy to the computer using USB (no mixer or midi box in use) and I have the entire audio of my computer running throught the Polar (meaning in Windows XP, I have the Polar set as my main audio device in sound preferences). The Polar output is hooked up to my self powered monitors. Now, I can get audio out of any application on my computer (Soundforge, Windows Media Player, etc.) using the Polar as my audio device which is super cool), but as soon as I try to utilize the Polar to both monitor and record, I run into problems.

For example, in Soundforge, I can't record any audio from the Polar, but the audio is still audible through the self powered monitors. In Acid 5, The audio of a project will play through the Polar untill I add the Polar as VST. At that point I get no audio to the monitors (even though the meters in Acid are registering that audio from the Polar is getting to the program).

Is the Polar (as an audio device / soundcard) not capable of processing audio out of an application, while taking audio in from the actual sound engine of the Polar?

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Merlyn
Old 06.10.2005, 08:25 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hi Merlyn,

Well, for a start, you appear to be using two apps there which are not supported yet for the integration.

I take it that in Soundforge you are not able to run the VC plugin? This would explain why you won't be getting any audio from the Polar into the PC, because the output of the synth engine will only be transmitted via usb so long as VC is running.

As far as Acid 5 goes, I don't really know - it could simply be that that the VC is not compatible with this yet.
Old 06.10.2005, 08:38 PM
Complete Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply Ben. After switching to the ASIO driver in Acid, everything seems to be working fine there.

As for Soundforge, still haven't figured out a solution for this (no ASIO driver available there). Can other audio editors such as Wavelab utilize the USB functionality?
Old 06.10.2005, 09:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I don't know about other audio editors, but basically, I think you are restricted to hosts that support VSTi's for now. Whilst you can utilise the soundcard functionality without it (so long as there is ASIO support), you won't be able to get audio from the synth itself directly into those hosts.
Old 06.10.2005, 11:43 PM
Complete Newbie

Cool. Thanks a bunch Ben.