Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.09.2005, 02:04 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
Yeah, the prick that imports them into NZ is a right rip-off bastard, tried charging me like $4295 for a virus B when they were discontinued!!! Ended up getting one sent over from the UK for less than $2000
Comparing UK prices to the US prices - I would be tempted to say a similar thing about UK retailers.

Theres alot of gear that you can end up paying at double for here in the UK. It gets even more depressing when the price in UKP is more then the USD, for eg Alesis Fusion - 1799UKP and yet in the US its 1699USD - at current exchange rates that about half price
Old 26.09.2005, 03:22 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

I paid $2300 US for mine (preorder in December).
Old 26.09.2005, 05:19 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I am from Melbourne, indeed we get ripped off all the time in Australia, all the prices are much much higher than anywhere else in the world.

And personally I NEVER had any good experiences with ANY of the Australian retailers, I found out that there is NO such thing as Aussie Warranty, they send the broke items back to the manufacturers or official repairers overseas, which takes centuries, you d better do it yourself!! normally it would not take more than 4 weeks instead of a couple of months if you ask them to do it!

Australian customer services are extremely slacky and dodgy, once they have got your money, they just say - "Thank you, and goodbye" / "Now you can f**k off, its not our responsibility any more lol!" If the item breaks, and you ask them about warranty, they would treat you just like you stole the goods from them.

After more than 10 years of bad BAD experiences with Aussie music stores, this is what I relised -

Buying from Australian retailers = Absolutely !!NO!! warranty and (-)customer service.

Even eBay is more reliable than them.

Sounds like Novamusik is a good option.
Old 26.09.2005, 07:32 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegethon
And personally I NEVER had any good experiences with ANY of the Australian retailers, I found out that there is NO such thing as Aussie Warranty, they send the broke items back to the manufacturers or official repairers overseas, which takes centuries, you d better do it yourself!! normally it would not take more than 4 weeks instead of a couple of months if you ask them to do it!
Interesting, the DIGI002 that we had had a fault with the power supply that meant it would power cycle regularly while using it, having bought it from the states was not a problem as it had an international warranty. So I brother in law who was going to oz for a holiday anyway took it over with him to save on postage and dropped it off at a shop to go get repaired (all organised with Digidesign before hand).

It ended up taking around 4 months to arrive back and when it did the fault was still present. Called up Digi in the states and the guy at customer services was shocked. There turn around for repairs is meant to be 48 hours maximum. So he got his supervisor to call me and Digi paid for a new unit to be couriered out from the states and they paid for the old unit to be couried back to them. Took three days to have a working unit in our hands again.

And for this reason I would never hesitate to buy from digidesign
Old 26.09.2005, 11:05 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge

It ended up taking around 4 months to arrive back and when it did the fault was still present. Called up Digi in the states and the guy at customer services was shocked. There turn around for repairs is meant to be 48 hours maximum. So he got his supervisor to call me and Digi paid for a new unit to be couriered out from the states and they paid for the old unit to be couried back to them. Took three days to have a working unit in our hands again.

And for this reason I would never hesitate to buy from digidesign
You will often find this to be the case. The actual repair people are slack/too busy/don't give a fuck, but the manufacturer doesn't realise this until they get feedback from YOU.

Whenever a piece of equipment goes in for repair, email the manufacturer and tell them the details of the fault, where you sent it, date etc. Every time you have correspondence with the repair agent, make a record of it and email this off to the manufacturer with an update on your repair. (often as easy as CCing them the email).

This way, if the repair is taking ages, the manufacturer will already be aware of it and will be kicking the repair agent in the arse from above.

Pity it is necessary with some service agents but this approach guarantees you service
Old 27.09.2005, 09:05 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hello!

For those who have not ordered yet,grab it from this store.

http://shop.synthplanet.com/store.la...9BC1gIi3CC5349

They beat the price of any store for the polar and keyboard. US$2054 Desktop is US$1549

regards,
em
Old 27.09.2005, 10:24 AM

TI keyboard = ?1,499 UK

That would mean $3,500 AUD. You say $5,200......that sounds like a massive ripoff. Shipping would not cost that much . That store is wanting to make a huge profit on a desirable synth. Fuck them...

Incidently $5,200 AUD is ?2,250 UK. Hmmm.....thats a good ?750 more than it is in the UK. That'd buy you a new Nord 2X aswell. You australians are getting ripped off.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 27.09.2005, 02:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulidstate
Hello!

For those who have not ordered yet,grab it from this store.

http://shop.synthplanet.com/store.la...9BC1gIi3CC5349

They beat the price of any store for the polar and keyboard. US$2054 Desktop is US$1549

regards,
em
Looks like the pricing for when they first came out!
This link might get you there quicker...
http://www.synthplanet.com/product.lasso?pr=35840
Old 28.09.2005, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
You australians are getting ripped off.

DS
You're telling me!!!!! This is why I often buy from OS, or just get second hand

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.09.2005, 08:46 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to obliterations

I was able to get a desktop Ti for 1400$ at Guitar Center (USA). However I had a friend who worked there back in July who gave me the deal upon manager approval. They still are making money off my purchase. Its paid in full and I'm waiting...

Good luck on your purchases!
Logic 7.1.1