Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.07.2013, 12:25 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Electronic repairs to Access Virus - Help me help you.

G'day from Sydney Australia.

I'm a musician and electronics tech, who has successfully completed many electronic repairs to Korg, Novation, Kurzweil and Roland synthesizers that use similar chips and electronic architecture to the Access Virus. I'd like to offer some electronic repair services but the main obstacle is the lack of schematic diagrams or any service information on any of the Access synths. From what I can see it appears that some models of the Virus use Motorola DSP chips that I have successfully replaced in other synths like the Korg MS2000 and the Novation K station. I have some of these parts and the tools / experience to do the work.

Can I ask that any experienced techs in the group post some of their repair success stories in this thread, or maybe share whatever technical information they can locate?

If anyone can share a circuit diagram, document some common faults then it would be a good starting point.