Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.01.2009, 07:54 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I agree on all pages except the browser. It is not easier to read for me, it is harder. Sorry
Old 17.01.2009, 08:17 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
I agree on all pages except the browser. It is not easier to read for me, it is harder. Sorry
what would you guys want us to change? please be specific.

m
Old 17.01.2009, 11:28 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post

m
Sure, the blue bars which contain the patch number isn't clear. The black patch name text is visually too contrasty. Maybe having a 2 tone grey scheme in the background with the text reversed out in White may help. I have only web on my phone so I may expand on this later.

Mike
Old 17.01.2009, 11:33 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I agree with Totty's colour scheme
________
Ford SHO V6 engine history

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 17.01.2009, 11:46 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpalace View Post
I'm colorblind and I personally like it, although I think that 2 things about it look terrible...

1) The browser page looks really horrid, everything is stuck together and the new colors make the page look very plain and harsh.
2) The gradients on the envelopes look really out of place, I think they should be solid colors, or the gradient should be significantly less extreme.

Overall, for me, the red was very hard to see on the old GUI (most colorblind people have trouble with red on black) so this new GUI is a lot better for my taste, assuming some touch ups are made in the next revision.

On the other hand, why not give people skinning abilities? Would certainly open up a new world of interfaces for this awesome synth!
It's so nice to see an actual comment from someone else who is colour blind to mention Red. I have a hard time with this also, makes using/buying some soft synths a complete no no. I like what Rob Papen did with Predator, allowing you to change the text font and colour, makes all the difference. That was my main issue with the interface.

I quite like the new GUI but, the fade between pages is a bit annoying. They should allow you to specify to have it on off. Also, the browser looks not quite right.

To the person who said have it all one page. I have to agree with you. For anyone who used the SoundDiver version editor for previous models will see it's possible on the one page and I actually prefer that still.
Old 17.01.2009, 06:55 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Maybe several skin types? That'd be perty cool.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 17.01.2009, 08:01 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

skins, skin editors.

the browser does look a bit wrong at first but the idea of lighter colours is great. My nexus is still in the white skin. am not liking the wood on the gui. I like things to look techno not retro. although its obvious why the wood is there. am actualy getting the wood ends changed on my virus, eventualy but i cant take them out of os3.

as for everything on 1 page, i wouldnt agree. things been seperated an large makes it easyier for me to brake things down when teaching or explaining things to ppl. nice & large dials like how it is is great. especialy the fx been on 2 pages.

stil wanting to see the preset arp patterns display themselves like a user pattern so you can see how they are set. think thats a different topic though.
Old 18.01.2009, 12:46 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I love the new GUI - LOVE IT!!!

I, too, have a P0lar and maybe I'm a bit biased since it now matches my synth. I love how the effects are now on two pages... It's so much less cramped and I like having the eq horizontally.
Old 18.01.2009, 04:26 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djbrownie

I'm liking it better too, real clean, but i also have a Polar, the browser could be better, maybe 2 tone like totty said.
Old 18.01.2009, 10:12 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbrownie View Post
I'm liking it better too, real clean, but i also have a Polar, the browser could be better, maybe 2 tone like totty said.
+1 I like the look of the new GUI better as well. But the readability of the browser should be improved slightly. Maybe getting rid of some of the dividing lines would also reduce the clutter a bit.

Last night I've gone back to 2.7.3 to wait for the final 3.0 release - but seeing the 'old' Virus Control immediately reminded me how much better the new VC looks...

...and ofcourse it matches the design of my Snow better