Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.03.2009, 09:17 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default For me, OS3 is unuseable within FL Studio

I thought it may have been the first beta, so I waited till the first update before posting this.

Both V3 beta OS behave very erratically in Fl Studio - controls such as EQ and distortion do not work at all, and worst of all, patches can not be changed when a saved song is reopened (the name changes but that's it.) This makes it practically unuseable.

I really want to keep this version for it's new FX, esp the freq shifter.

The beta OS's work fine with Cubase.

Any one else experienced this? Access?

Cheers,
Andy
Old 05.03.2009, 01:53 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

So far virus control has been running exceptionally well in FL Studio, I haven't found any problems yet. Later tonight, I can test out that patch glitch for you, but so far distortion and EQ have both worked for me.

What version of FL Studio are you running?
Old 05.03.2009, 03:31 AM
Complete Newbie

Tested it and all is well. I would ask access support maybe?
Old 05.03.2009, 04:32 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
I thought it may have been the first beta, so I waited till the first update before posting this.

Both V3 beta OS behave very erratically in Fl Studio - controls such as EQ and distortion do not work at all, and worst of all, patches can not be changed when a saved song is reopened (the name changes but that's it.) This makes it practically unuseable.

I really want to keep this version for it's new FX, esp the freq shifter.

The beta OS's work fine with Cubase.

Any one else experienced this? Access?

Cheers,
Andy
which version of FL Studio are you running?
Old 05.03.2009, 08:32 AM
aTISHooo!
I am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Next time, you should report any problems to Access or post here ASAP, as that is what Beta tests are all about.
The sooner you report it, the sooner it can be investigated, and you may well be helping numerous other users.
Old 05.03.2009, 09:21 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Yes, sorry for the unhelpful posting. It's one of those "I'm so frustrated I have to tell somebody!" moments. I will of course go to Access with this.

I'm on FL Studio 8 btw.

It's such a bizarre problem. Last night after posting this, I loaded VC up in Cubase, and it was flawless as usual. Then I went back to my saved song in FL Studio, and unlike previously, I could then change patches: it was as if Cubase loading VC corrected something! Other than the non-working EQ and Distortion, it was useable in FL; so I set about my session, created a new sound, and saved my song.

Fast forward to this morning: I reopen the song with that brand new sound... and that new sound is still loaded into Channel 2, but will not play! VC is received MIDI on that channel, but that's it. Silence from my precious brand new patch. Oddly, I can play the INIT patch on Channel One. But of course - I cant change patches whatsoever.

I don't understand. Just thought someone else may have experienced this.

Thanks for listening,

Andy.
Old 05.03.2009, 10:32 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, sorry for the unhelpful posting. It's one of those "I'm so frustrated I have to tell somebody!" moments. I will of course go to Access with this.

I'm on FL Studio 8 btw.

It's such a bizarre problem. Last night after posting this, I loaded VC up in Cubase, and it was flawless as usual. Then I went back to my saved song in FL Studio, and unlike previously, I could then change patches: it was as if Cubase loading VC corrected something! Other than the non-working EQ and Distortion, it was useable in FL; so I set about my session, created a new sound, and saved my song.

Fast forward to this morning: I reopen the song with that brand new sound... and that new sound is still loaded into Channel 2, but will not play! VC is received MIDI on that channel, but that's it. Silence from my precious brand new patch. Oddly, I can play the INIT patch on Channel One. But of course - I cant change patches whatsoever.

I don't understand. Just thought someone else may have experienced this.

Thanks for listening,

Andy.
try to reset the virus. remove all cables, wait for 30 seconds and plug the power cable in again while holding the [exit] key for another 20 seconds. then, plug all the other cables (USB, audio etc) in again and try again opening the song.

best, marc
Old 05.03.2009, 01:30 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks for the response Marc. I appreciate this isn't an official support forum, and you help on here as a voluntary service.

I will try that tonight.

Actually, when I first installed OS3 I couldnt get VC to work with any sequencer, Cubase included. I had the whole no sound/"there is no Virus connected"/and you cannot even update anymore, nightmare. Funnily enough I seem to remember doing what you've said, and that was part of the solution (though I never understoon how or why.)

Thanks again,

Andy
Old 06.03.2009, 09:23 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
try to reset the virus. remove all cables, wait for 30 seconds and plug the power cable in again while holding the [exit] key for another 20 seconds. then, plug all the other cables (USB, audio etc) in again and try again opening the song.

best, marc
sorry for borrow this thread but this what marc says here goes to update mode in ti snow, i wonder if it's like this in ti snow

Resetting = arp button and edit/shift button ??
Old 10.03.2009, 10:20 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Ok guys, i tried everything but I was still having serious problems, but this has been a good thing! I have posted another thread if anyone cares why.

Cheers