Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.01.2009, 05:27 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default OS 3.0 Sync issue (Fl Studio 8)

Hi folks,

I have a problem regarding the Virus syncing properly when I load it up in VirusControl. A message appears in the bottom of the Plugin which says "A sync error occured. Press stop and play to clear", but I tried it and it didn't work. I'm very inexperienced with hardware synths, this is actually my first one, so any help would be great!

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Old 17.01.2009, 01:19 PM
New here
New here

Hey alan2008, I'm new on that board... I have the same problem as you but working on Cubase SX 3.1.1. If somebody know about that problem please let us know

Thanks in advance
Old 18.01.2009, 02:59 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewave View Post
Hey alan2008, I'm new on that board... I have the same problem as you but working on Cubase SX 3.1.1. If somebody know about that problem please let us know

Thanks in advance
Hey man,

I can't think of what the problem could be...Really annoying
Old 18.01.2009, 04:34 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I had the same problem until I installed a USB 2.0 card into my computer and connected the virus TI to it. Now it works for me.
Clavia Nord Modular G2X
Novation Supernova II PRO X
Yamaha Motif ES Rack
Access Virus|TI PØLAR
Dave Smith Instruments - Prophet 08
Old 18.01.2009, 05:01 PM
New here

same problem here , on G5 dual 2.5 . logic 8.02
i had it also with 2.7.5 . i always had strange problems , clicks, pops random notes .
i've tryed all possible settings in logic , also as described in virus manual ...
Old 18.01.2009, 06:00 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by limlo View Post
same problem here , on G5 dual 2.5 . logic 8.02
i had it also with 2.7.5 . i always had strange problems , clicks, pops random notes .
i've tryed all possible settings in logic , also as described in virus manual ...
Likewise! This has always been a problem for me. I thought this new OS would finally clear all my problems, but no. I've had my Ti since the summer and it STILL doesn't work!
Old 18.01.2009, 08:18 PM
New here
New here

Hey mates

I found it! I can solve that turning down the samples/buffer paremeter in my soundcard... Thus, my system send more audio data through USB port and Virus works without syncing errors. Hope it will be succesful for you guys!
Old 28.01.2009, 08:34 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudewave View Post
Hey mates

I found it! I can solve that turning down the samples/buffer paremeter in my soundcard... Thus, my system send more audio data through USB port and Virus works without syncing errors. Hope it will be succesful for you guys!
Hey dude, I've tried something different actually. It seems to work, but there is one problem which is why I'm here.

Ok folks, so I think I resolved the Sync issue. You see, I was using my primary sound driver with the TI and I always go the sync error message, so I tried changing to my ASIO drivers and opened up VC and played a simple Kick pattern with an offbeat bass from the Virus, and I didn't get the sync error message! The problem is though, I'm getting no sound at all, even though the Virus and FL studio respond to it...

Any help at all would be great! And I'll say it again, I'm a hardware noob, so go easy on me Thanks a bunch in advance
Old 28.01.2009, 09:54 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan2008 View Post
Hey man,

I can't think of what the problem could be...Really annoying
it means that the usb data wasn't transmitted in time. that usually indicates that something is wrong with the computer USB side of things. access support can help you out i'm sure.

best, marc
Old 29.01.2009, 02:29 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
it means that the usb data wasn't transmitted in time. that usually indicates that something is wrong with the computer USB side of things. access support can help you out i'm sure.

best, marc
Hey, thanks for the reply. Like I said though, I think I may of fixed the problem, well the sync issue at least, by changing to ASIO drivers. However, the problem that consists then is no sound coming from my host, but sound still comes from everything else. It just happens in FL