Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.01.2005, 05:38 AM
New here
New here

Default Access Sucks

So I placed my pre-order nearly two months ago and I've been waiting patiently all this time. Not a peep. Not a harsh word. But I think now it's about time that those arrogant Teutonic pricks get a good old-fashioned verbal ass-whuppin'.

Unlike most of you, I've never owned an Access product before so I don't have any sentimental notions of "loyalty" to some more-or-less faceless corporation. Where this notion of loyalty comes from is beyond me--You're PAYING them for their products for chrissakes. It's not like they're doing this out of the kindness of their hearts and giving away synths to all the legless orphans or whatever. It's a sign of how truly pathetic the audio hardware industry has become that just because Access in the past did a relatively competent job and felt a modicum of responsibility to the people (YOU) who put bread on their tables that they've earned this slavish sense of loyalty. Any company in a legitimate industry where there is actually something like COMPETITION--say, automobiles, or personal computers--that behaved the way Access has behaved through this TI fiasco would be laughed out of the business.

It's become apparent that the December "release date" was a total fabrication and they had no intention of honoring it from the get-go. I mean, what, they've only programmed a portion of the wavetables so far, and it's already late January? So how many did they have programmed in November when they made the announcement? Probably a handful would be my guess. And it's apparent that they're having SERIOUS trouble with the integration process. If they're having SERIOUS trouble NOW (a month after the announced release) then surely they were having SERIOUS trouble back in November--or they were so early in the game that they couldn't have had a realistic idea of how long it would take finish. I mean, they couldn't even put on a public demo at NAMM? Apple put on a public demo of Ultrabeat and Sculpture SIX MONTHS before they were released. GMedia had demos up for Minimonsta ages ago and did a public demo at NAMM. Their release date is March 7th! Do you think the TI will be ready by then? If so, I have a bridge to sell you.

Doesn't such a blatant instance of shameless bullsh-tting bother you? And if not, why not? Loads of people sold their old hardware so they could buy this thing and now they're stuck with their d--ks in their hands for months on end.

Second, it's laughable that people are making excuses for them like, "Access is attempting something never attempted before!!!! Total Integration!!!!! Give them a break!!!"

Oh God, give ME a break. They're RUNNING A PLUG-IN THROUGH AN OUTBOARD DSP for Pete's sake. Sorry to break it to you, but it's been done! By Powercore and UAD to name a couple. The only difference is that there's a controller attached, and an audio interface, but we're not talking about any truly revolutionary technology here--just existing technologies being put together in a novel way.

And even if there IS some justification for the delay, there is NO justification whatsoever for their silence and secrecy. I went ahead and placed the pre-order because of Access's reputation for reliability and customer service. Well, I hope THAT particular myth has now been thoroughly and completely demolished. This is the worst behavior I've ever seen in the industry--they're making Clavia seem professional, which is saying something. And don't even get me started on plug-in makers--any plug-in maker that pulled a stunt like this would have their ass handed to them by the competition.

And as for how AWESOME it's going to sound . . . well, granted, it probably will. Or maybe it won't. It'll still sound like a Virus, which is nice, but, you know, kind of . . . stale, at this point, having been heard on countless dance tracks for the last few years. The really awesome sounds come from creative use of filters, effects, compression, etc. In any event---HOW THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW? Since they can't even be assed to put up an MP3. What, is it so buggy that they can't even manage a ten second clip before the thing sputters and seizes up?

Man, when I think of the stuff I could buy with that money . . . a Sherman filtertank, a Minimonsta, and a Nord G2 Rack! You mean to tell me that the TI will afford me greater musical creativity and quality than a setup like THAT?

Anyway, rant finished. But I think it's time to wake up from the marketing hype-induced dream and see that the Emperor, if not exactly nude, is very shabbily dressed.
Old 25.01.2005, 06:01 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Feel Better? You should after that.
I think you make some very valid points. If you look at other posts, people are starting to really get pissed. I myself and stuck with nothing but a laptop and oxy8, since i sold everything to get the damn TI. I feel your pain!
I think they jumped the gun with the release date. I think know, looking back in retrospect, that it was all a marketing hype to get users such as yourself, me, and a lot of other people on this board to fill their pockets.
That being said, there are a couple of synths I have my eye on. THe main one being the V-synth. Will I jump ship to get it? Probably not, but the point is this is being handled really shitty (for lack of a better word).
And, you are right about the sound. It will still be a virus, but it sounds so damn good!
Old 25.01.2005, 09:12 AM
Veteran
Veteran

fuck all that bullshit, check this video stream of mr crossland CAINING the TI...

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shown...m?newsid=1960#

Holy SHIT the TI OWNS.....

I have re-found faith in access......now just finish the thing!!!

ten
Old 25.01.2005, 11:07 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I personally couldn?t care less. I?m just making tunes and I buy the gear I like. If it sounds right for me, I?m pleased. (THE END)

P.S. Didn?t ment to piss you off.

P.P.S I?ll never gonna buy the TI. I already have a Virus. Why should I change it to another one???
Old 25.01.2005, 11:54 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Duh, why does anyone buy a new synth? To get new and different sounds to what they currently have. Sure the TI engine is the same as the other virus's, it can even load all the legacy virus patches. But with all the new features it can make a whole host of new, varied and inspiring sounds.

ten
Old 25.01.2005, 04:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bjorktribe

I'm still buying. I want new sounds. I want more gear. Access has done a poor job. But to no matter, they'll learn
Old 28.01.2005, 12:51 AM
New here
New here

no more global efx... assignable efx for EACH PART instead..?? thats a nice touch.. must have a beast for a dsp.