Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 07.12.2009, 01:20 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default is there a way to reduce the USB data noise?

Hi,

just got my TI (used snow) a few weeks ago. It's excellent and the way it works in Logic/Live is pretty seemless... loving it...

Anyway, I have to say though, I immediately noticed the constant "background" data noise generated when in USB mode.

I'm not referring to pops, spikes or bursts that some people have mentioned, it works fine in both Live and Ableton for me...

I'm just wondering if there's a way to reduce (of if Access has acknowledged this anywhere and has a solution of some kind) for the constant data noise it generates.

Using the MIDI jack and analog outs produces no noise so it's obviously a byproduct of using the USB. This is actually understandable: I had a Fantom and when in USB mode it had the exact same problem, a constant low level data noise. Roland had a ferrite cable available that would filter out the noise for the Fantom and it worked great.

Has anyone tried using a ferrite USB cable and if so does it reduce any of the noise? Any solutions?

Thanks.....
Old 09.12.2009, 04:00 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

ferrite beads only help reduce high freq noise, you can buy them online if the noise your hearing is in fact hi freq....

But to get to your issue. Try a different usb cable, or try a ferrite bead, or try a different computer, or try a different house, if your using any wireless devices around your setup turn them off. If your running solar get a pure sine wave inverter. Maybe the virus' internal audio input boost is all the way up, try turning the input off. Or try turning your mixer/audio card preamps down.

I've had my ti over 4 years and used it in a few dozen situations and I've never had the noise your describing. It sounds like a bad ground or faulty wiring in your audio chain. Or dare I say somethings wrong with your virus. I remember within the past few years people reporting this, one was a faulty usb cable and the other had to have his virus sent in for repairs.
Hopefully yours isn't the latter.

Do a search, but I may have seen them on the unofficial access virus forum which is now defunct.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 10.12.2009, 07:35 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallifax View Post
Hi,

just got my TI (used snow) a few weeks ago. It's excellent and the way it works in Logic/Live is pretty seemless... loving it...

Anyway, I have to say though, I immediately noticed the constant "background" data noise generated when in USB mode.

I'm not referring to pops, spikes or bursts that some people have mentioned, it works fine in both Live and Ableton for me...

I'm just wondering if there's a way to reduce (of if Access has acknowledged this anywhere and has a solution of some kind) for the constant data noise it generates.

Using the MIDI jack and analog outs produces no noise so it's obviously a byproduct of using the USB. This is actually understandable: I had a Fantom and when in USB mode it had the exact same problem, a constant low level data noise. Roland had a ferrite cable available that would filter out the noise for the Fantom and it worked great.

Has anyone tried using a ferrite USB cable and if so does it reduce any of the noise? Any solutions?

Thanks.....
i may had the same "constant low level data noise" ISSUE. " ferrite USB cable " resolves problems but now always...
I tried different power outlet and found the cause, my studio monitors.
I could not use the same power outlet as my laptop, virus ti snow, etc.