Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.02.2009, 09:24 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to fornax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornax View Post
My problem is that I can't install the firmware. It stops during firmware update. Somewhere around 70% I think. I will try and test some more.

I hope this update makes the VC load fast as before. And not use all my resources when it loads. I could make a cup of te waiting for the VC loading in Cubase SX 3.

I run Windows XP SP2. I use the Access Virus TI keyboard. Just for the information.

Anyway.. If someone got the same problem, and find a solution. I would be happy to know. I would also be happy to know the solution.
I managed to get the firmware to work now. But the VC is still loading very slow.
Old 01.03.2009, 12:04 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

hmm..how the hell do i suppose to install back to os 2.75 ?? i try to install the file ...and i get up a screen on windows that the some "configuration data is failure, contact the support"???
Old 01.03.2009, 12:36 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to fornax

Quote:
Originally Posted by peke View Post
hmm..how the hell do i suppose to install back to os 2.75 ?? i try to install the file ...and i get up a screen on windows that the some "configuration data is failure, contact the support"???

Did you try to remove your older install, using Windows control panel?
This may help you to get new and older versions to get install.
Old 01.03.2009, 06:28 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

The update went smoothly on my Mac with OS 10.4 till the moment when it starts to install the firmware on my Snow....it then showed the "No device found" error.
Tried the 'All cables off and return with the 'Exit' hold button...but to no avail.

Had to restart my Mac and my Snow to get back to the VC centre...it then would recognise my Snow and did the firmware update perfectly.

Only bug which i could find on my Snow as a standalone is that the volume sometimes tends to go very low.
Old 01.03.2009, 09:17 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornax View Post
Did you try to remove your older install, using Windows control panel?
This may help you to get new and older versions to get install.
I tried nothing helps...maybe the best solution is to do a fresh install of win xp??
Old 01.03.2009, 10:38 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I have this volume problem using VC in Cubase 4.5.2 as well. I can set a patch to play at a certain volume, but if I reload the project at a later time from scratch the volume of the patch is very, very low and I have to raise it up, then back down to where I want it from within VC to hear it properly.
Old 01.03.2009, 11:43 AM
Complete Newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by peke View Post
I tried nothing helps...maybe the best solution is to do a fresh install of win xp??
i did install the new os again to virus, i did shut down my laptop(fresh restart), even the virus...unplugged the poweradapter from wall and from virus, signal cables...even the usb cabel from virus...then i plug the adapter to virus then to the wall. when virus was in standby mode i pressed the arp button a few seconds before i started the virus again..
now it has not crashed while played on my host.. there's still some issues though ..like this one...transpose pitch: when i touch it with my mouse and go to other menu on vc screen it goes to maximum...but only once when i start my host and this plug...let's see if this works better now..
Old 02.03.2009, 04:41 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I upgraded my snow to 3.01 and it did well even during normal usage. I use an M3 to control it and the glitches I had with 3.0 were gone. Tried using VC to edit sound and no problem occured except that the Vintage1-3 settings are not selectable. Otherwise 3.01 is a fine upgrade.
Old 03.03.2009, 02:21 PM
Complete Newbie

well i was waiting the new update as my snow wasnt working at all on OS3 beta version,

i did clean install after unstalling previous version (2.75) from windows control panel, driver install n firmware update went smoothly,

VC vsti works good, till now no snow crash or stuck notes yet, but i ve found a way to crash it, i dont know if you guys sometimes try this on your snow but i ve found it quite entertaining for sampling random synth layers to my asrx pro.

so here how do i reproduce this bug :
  1. just turn on the snow (use as a sound card btw on windows)
  2. press shit + audition a ramdom patch, keep it presed so that the sounds latch
  3. then select another random sound , audtion it the same way to have both playing like a layer .
then most of the time the snow whines n crashes, i have to reboot it.

this way of layering audition sounds was possible n never crashed the snow on previous os, even with lots of sounds layered playing.

is it a polyphony problem? or usb data transfer? i m not sure lots of people are using their snow this way but if it crashes demonstrate there s something going wrong?

can someone reproduce this on his snow ?

hu
Old 03.03.2009, 06:19 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default problems with OS3 beta version

2 days a go i installed the OS 3.0.1 and since then i´m expiriencing problems with TI.
I use leopard 10.5.6
Problems are:

- Freezing of a preset (cant change the preset)
- Oscilators (the keep going up and down with the same parent in all presets)

Anyone else expiriencing sonthing like this?