Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 15.01.2004, 10:02 PM

Default What kind of music are you listening to?

I most listen to synthtron (Ladytron, Miss Kittin & The Hacker, Felix Da Housecat, Fischerspooner etc.)

What do you listen to? =)
Old 15.01.2004, 11:40 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Mostly progressive rock (ELP, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, The Nice, etc), fusion jazz (Mahavishnu Orchestra, Niacin), basic jazz (Trio T?yke?t, Weather Report) some various electronic music (Shpongle, Converter, etc) and some Finnish pop/rock bands (YUP, Absoluuttinen Nollapiste).
Old 16.01.2004, 05:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

mostly trance (armin van burren,above and beyond,lange,pulser also some ambient (shopngle... )
some dnb (john b)
i mostly listens to every kind of music other then havey metal and new metal all thos...
Old 16.01.2004, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

I listen to everything. I can't just listen to just one specific type of music.

Everything from classic music, chip, jazz, rock, pop, techno, trance, electronic music in general. Well there are a few genres I awoid - Swedish dansband music, Deathmetal and Swedish "viking"-rock but in general all types of music is played here

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 16.01.2004, 05:25 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to crea

I devour basically anything that sounds good - i.e. no special genre. At the moment it happens to be j-pop (Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Janne da Arc, Gackt), retro new wave (Ultravox, Pet Shop Boys, Eurythmics) plus a bunch of dance/trance/techno/electronica-stuff (Aril Brikha, Ferry Corsten, Astral Projection, Moloko, Infected Mushroom, KLF).
Too much to put on a list but I guess the above are representative since they're on my current playlist
Old 16.01.2004, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
Everything from classic music,
I completely forgot classical. J.Sibelius and E.Liszt at the moment.
Old 16.01.2004, 07:50 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I'm mostly into dnb - tons of different artists that make up my vinyl collection. Also some decent hip hop acts like Jurassic5, Outkast, Black Eyed Peas, Tribe, etc. Love the Ninja Tunes label too. I've also been listening to older Prodigy, Moby and Chemical Bros lately.

My Favorite acts overall have got to be Kosheen and Everything But The Girl.
Old 16.01.2004, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Somehow I felt an urge to dig up Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. These are even better than I remembered. Very corny.
Old 16.01.2004, 11:43 PM

mostly i have been listening to online artists recently...there are some great ones popping up around the place.

as far as commercial releases go...

boom boom satalites, nine inch nails, prodigy (still), radio head, massive attack, you am i, regurgitator, goldie - plus other asorted breaks artists, chemical brothers, killing heidi, rage against the machine, moby....and thats to name a few i guess....

also i listen to word music on the occasion too...a friend of mine has some cool vinal from the 70s with some weird music from all round the place. so thats been playing here too...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 16.01.2004, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
mostly i have been listening to online artists recently.
Do you happen to live in a shed? Sorry, poor The Fast Show remark.

Quote:
also i listen to word music on the occasion too...a friend of mine has some cool vinal from the 70s with some weird music from all round the place. so thats been playing here too...
I've always been keen on celtic music. Very rythmic music with great melodies. Eastern music is also ok, but works better when integrated on other kind of music (for example space rock). And speaking of space rock I forgot to mention Ozric Tentacles.

Hmm... Manson's Antichrist Superstar is great record! Really nice music to be played loud. Opening track is one of the best rumble ramble tracks. It makes you want to do something insane, like drinking another cup of tea without sugar. Even better for that purpose than Converter. Manson's records have very personal sound. "I like it a lot".