Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.05.2009, 09:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default TI Keyboard 61 or Polar

I own a desktop but tomorrow I have the chance to purchace A new 61 or polar at insane prices and Im split down the middle which should I buy I thought the polar was sexyer but I saw the keyboard in person and alot of the dark features stand out better than they did in pics. Help me decide please.
Old 13.05.2009, 09:40 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Location: Earth----Europe---- Germany---- Saxony---- Dresden---:)
Send a message via ICQ to Matt van k
Talking

How do you work?
Have you many place in your Studio?
Do you work portable with the ti?
Do you need a good masterkeyboard?

I got a ti 61er but i also want a indigo or polar version because portable keys and knobs for bedroomjamming

The 61er is my Mainkeyboard.first Ideas were played were.Most i need the 5 Oktan because i play basses together with the leads or pads.
Old 13.05.2009, 09:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
I own a desktop but tomorrow I have the chance to purchace A new 61 or polar at insane prices and Im split down the middle which should I buy I thought the polar was sexyer but I saw the keyboard in person and alot of the dark features stand out better than they did in pics. Help me decide please.
form factor aside, the 61 keys keyboard has more of a weighted feel to it. if you want to play sounds which depend a lot on dynamics (read velocity) like pianos, drums or e.g. acoustic guitar samples you might be better of with the 61 key version.
if you prefer a lighter keyboard feel (like pretty much every vintage synth from mini moog to juno 106) you might enjoy the polar better.

just my .02%

marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 14.05.2009, 12:15 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Ive been thinking polar because its a one stop shop and I can take it, a laptop and the apc 40(if it ever releases) and start doing live dance music but I also like being able to grab low bass and high leads on the fly with 61 keys. PS Love the new pic in the top right corner of the forum.
Old 14.05.2009, 01:22 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
Ive been thinking polar because its a one stop shop and I can take it, a laptop and the apc 40(if it ever releases) and start doing live dance music but I also like being able to grab low bass and high leads on the fly with 61 keys. PS Love the new pic in the top right corner of the forum.
I had the same dilemma and ended up with the 61 key. I thought of the portability and my MacBook Pro looked super sexy next to the white / gray polar, never mind the compactness of the whole "system" working together.

However, when I really started jamming, I found it a bit of a hassle when running out of keys. So, I ended up with the 61 key and have the laptop resting on the "blank" side of the Ti2 (with protection and enough cooling for the laptop underneath - of course).

As Marc mentioned, the keys are also a little heavier, which disappointed me, at first, as I wasn't used to the feel. BUT, now I definitely prefer the heavier feel - even for fast synth arpeggios and stabs.

Also, I was surprised how amazing the Ti2 61 key version LOOKS. The color in person and the wood ends are WAY better than any internet photos. The metallic gray just sparkles in any light even though it's got a darkness to it. AWESOME!

My girlfriend (who loved the Polar when I rented it and didn't like the look of the original Virus Ti 61 key), LOVED the look of the Ti2 61 Key and even just from aesthetics is glad I made the switch.

I hope this non-technical perspective helps.
Old 14.05.2009, 07:14 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I have a 61 key and I am very happy with it. I just added a Polar to be more mobile but the 61 key version will stay to be my primary keyboard. As you already got the desktop version you have a mobile unit (ok, you will have to add a small keyboard). I would therefore suggest to go with the 61 key virus.
Old 14.05.2009, 08:33 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I will be selling the desktop.I dont have a need for both the units I will be buying will be both for live and studio performances.
Old 14.05.2009, 09:23 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Right. I would then consider whether or not you like the key action of the 61 (i prefer the firmer action of it). Consider also the weight if you plan to use it live. I understand that the Ti2 KB has considerable less weight compared with the Ti version 1 I have. It might therefore be quite portable. The rest is IMHO just a different look of the synth and is, unless you desire a certain look, of no importance or musical impact.
But those are only my 2 cents.
Old 16.05.2009, 08:45 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I ended up buying a TI Polar. Im updating it to the current non beta OS right now. Anyone want to buy a mint condition Virus TI desktop.

Last edited by ShortBus : 16.05.2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 17.05.2009, 03:37 AM
Pro
Pro

Keep it and run VC twice. .