Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.02.2008, 01:44 AM
New here
New here

Default Problem Sending Program Changes From Virus TI

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I just purchased a used virus TI polar off ebay a month ago and have run in to a few problems.
The first one is, I cannot seem to get the TI to send program changes from the Virus to any of my other devices. It sends the midi notes but when I change programs on the TI, the other devices just stay on the same patch. Is there a work-around or some setting I'm missing? I think I've done every combination of set ups in the system configuration. Also, it accepts program changes, but it doesnt work the other way around. This is such a basic thing...I'm baffled.
Thanks
Jonkey
Old 28.02.2008, 04:21 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

When u say say other devices, do u mean a computer sequencing software such as Cubase etc.
If so, check your preferences under midi filter. The midi filter should have Program Change unchecked or disabled. This then allows Program Changes to pass through, therefore received.
Old 28.02.2008, 04:24 PM
New here
New here

Default Problem Sending Program Changes From Virus TI

Hey,
Sorry for not being specific. I'm trying to send patch changes to an outboard FX box. It's a zoom RFX-2000. I use it for vocal FX in a live setting. Before I bought the Virus I was using it with a microKorg and it worked fine. I've since retested it with the korg and it changes patches just fine. That's why I think it may be a setting in the virus. If it works with the korg shouldn't it be ready to roll with the virus??
Old 18.03.2008, 08:47 PM
New here
New here

Thumbs down Does not send program changes

So for anyone interested in this tid bit it seems that the TI DOES NOT send out program changes! You could program a knob to do it...but that's not really an option since I'm switching programs live, in the middle of songs.
Old 19.03.2008, 05:17 PM
Newborn
Newborn

I have the TI Desktop and it only sends program changes with MIDI THRU to IN of midi interphase.