Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.03.2010, 04:25 PM
New here
New here

Default Please help me understand...

Well....I have my TI Snow up and running and am blown away by how good it sounds. I am now extremely sure that I made the right choice in getting a Virus!

So I read threads on this forum for hours last night, and I think I understand, but I need confirmation...because the Manuals and Tutorials are just not totally clear....

Regarding Multi mode on the Snow....I understand that this is where you can split and layer patches.....and this Mode is only available in stand alone mode, not in the VC plugin.....is this correct? So I cannot select from the browser in the VC plugin any of the Multi's that I have onboard the Snow and play them? I can only use those Multi's in standalone mode? I think this is the case from what I have read.

So this being the case.....I use sequencer mode while in VC (the default mode)....but the 4 parts (its a Snow!) are defaulted to midi channels 1 - 4? I cannot set parts 2, 3, or 4 to midi channel 1? What I would prefer to do is to set each of the 4 parts to the same midi channel so that I can easily layer sounds and have them play back through one real time performance on the keyboard. Can this be done?

I understand that I can set up multiple tracks in my sequencer host to address the 4 parts in VC on 4 different midi channels....this is well suited for sequencing different parts.....but for real time layering? What is a good set up or workflow for this?

I know I have seen quite a few posts on this general topic, so it must get frustrating for the regulars here to keep seeing the same relative question......but I read most all of those posts yesterday and it just didn't square up answer the question for me......Can't I layer two patches on two parts for a real time performance thru one midi channel with the VC plugin? I clearly see how to do it in standalone mode with Multi mode......but having the 4 parts locked to midi channels 1 - 4 in VC mode seems odd to me. Is this right? We can't change the midi channel of a part?

Apologize for any redundancy.....Thanks for any feedback!

Ron
Old 14.07.2010, 02:36 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

If anyone has answer to this it would be great. It seems that my multi mode does not transfer to the sequencer mode in Virus control. So I guess I need a separate audio input device to get the audio from the multi in the virus to logic? Multi mode is for stand alone only apparently? And when in stand-alone mode sequencer is pretty much not usable?
Old 14.07.2010, 09:32 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I don't know the answer because I never use my Snow's multitimbrality. If I did, I would have definitely bought a TI or TI2. I know that the Snow isn't the best choice if you need live multitimbrality or sound stacking (which is basically multitimbrality on the same MIDI channel.) I think the Snow is the perfect studio Virus: lay down a track, freeze it, go on to the next one (but in truth, I rarely use more than one Virus track...)

Off the top of my hat, I'd say that for your needs you should consider selling your Snow and buying a used TI. You'll probably only need to add $200-300.
Old 14.07.2010, 09:49 PM
Pro
Pro

i know that if u use fruity loops, then u could open a LAYER channel..and set all the virus midi outs as children..so that when u play one note through the layer channel...it will trigger all virus channels....but u would have to adjust individual parameters through the individual channels on VC....

dont know how u would do it in another sequencer....
there should be a way to send midi data to 4 channels simultaneously...

not sure though...
Old 14.07.2010, 09:57 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutrinoland View Post
there should be a way to send midi data to 4 channels simultaneously...

not sure though...
You can do that with just about every serious DAW. In Cubase, for example, you can use the input transformer (local) on each track and then set the channel filtering presets.
Old 14.07.2010, 11:02 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Yeah it's something you need to do through the DAW itself, and like PaPi said, there is a way to route the MIDI data in the manner you need in almost every solid DAW out there. You just need to do some digging for the method in your particular one.
Old 19.07.2010, 11:30 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

When I open logic the multi's stored in my virus ti2 keyboard are not available. I prefer to tweak sounds in the instrument itself, so my work seems to be wasted unless there was a way to get the multis to sequencer mode and back again.