Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.06.2010, 10:56 PM
New here
New here

Default Why does headphone output on KC sound better than analog outs?

Why does the headphone socket on my KC sound a million times better than the analogue outs going through my studio console using headphones ? The detail and clarity lost is huge! .....does it use a different converter path for the headphones ? I know that my mixer is not the problem as my analogue synths sound fat and beefy as hell and my bass guitar sounds so real with no signal colouration from the console. .... Has anyone else had experience of this ? Would a TI spdif digital output to a DAW digital in sound the same as the headphone input ?

Any input appreciated,

thanks, Mark
Old 14.07.2010, 09:30 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Smile

Have you checked the output sensitivity? if the sound is lower on the line out than the headphone out you may feel that the sound quality is worse.

Good luck man!
Old 14.07.2010, 09:41 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy76 View Post
Why does the headphone socket on my KC sound a million times better than the analogue outs going through my studio console using headphones ? The detail and clarity lost is huge! .....does it use a different converter path for the headphones ? I know that my mixer is not the problem as my analogue synths sound fat and beefy as hell and my bass guitar sounds so real with no signal colouration from the console. .... Has anyone else had experience of this ? Would a TI spdif digital output to a DAW digital in sound the same as the headphone input ?

Any input appreciated,

thanks, Mark
Faulty cables or a patchbay might be the culprit. Check everything. I'm 100% sure the Virus doesn't have separate converters for different outputs.

If you use the SPDIF on the TI, you might as well use USB, because it will bypass the DA converters. Personally, I think the coolest thing about the TI is that it can act as a plugin and I don't need to worry about MIDI and audio cables.

P.S. Some people say the TI's analog outputs are "warmer." I don't buy into that. It actually depends on how good/bad your audio interface is. But I don't understand why those who do bother with a TI in the first place...