Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.11.2004, 07:50 PM
New here
New here

Default Logic and Virus C..... Please Help!

Well, hi....
I hope someone can help me.....

I have a Virus C connected with Logic. Im having trouble programming the virus to work in multi mode, with 16 channels simultaneously. I have started all the 16 midi channels and have done all the connections on logic's environment. I can actually hear different sounds from the virus on each channel, but when I play/record/bounce the track, i can only hear the highlighted virus channel on the arrange page, which plays all the midi files from the other virus' channels.
Heeelp!!!
Thanks!
Old 01.12.2004, 09:35 AM
This forum member lives here

Im not quite sure I understand the problem, so please excuse me if Im telling you things you already know

You need to have 1 MIDI channel per Virus part.....so if you want 16 virus channels (parts) playing, you will need to setup 16 different MIDI channels in Logic, each with a different MIDI channel number

Then, if you want to bounce a Virus part to audio, you need to do that one at a time (I think)...

Does this help?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.12.2004, 03:17 PM
New here
New here

Ya, it helps a bit.... but how can i listen/playback all the virus channels at once, so i know the mix is good. Couldnt figure that 1.....
Old 01.12.2004, 03:37 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

You havn?t accidently pressed "solo" in the track you?r hearing (and thereby muting all the other tracks)?
Old 01.12.2004, 10:47 PM

Well, once you have set up your 16 MIDI channels in Logic, and recorded your 16 parts from the Virus, when you press 'play' you should hear all 16 different MIDI tracks playing back what you have recorded (Assuming that you have your Virus connected to a mixer, or your headphones)

But you then need to record each MIDI part to an AUDIO part, before you final mixdown

And this can only be done one at a time.....I dont have Logic, so I cant really tell you how to do this

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60