Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 04.12.2004, 10:31 AM
This forum member lives here

Thx Juho great response. Im looking into it.......im tempted to go get lessons with a local jazz pianist......ive seen him play live in my town. He can play!

Onkel your a lucky man! A teacher who loves synths too! If only I could find one

Just another question......If I do go for classical lessons.....should I tell them that I like to do 80's and modern music?

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 04.12.2004, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
If I do go for classical lessons.....should I tell them that I like to do 80's and modern music?
Im surprised you admit it on here

Take the lessons, and choose which bits you will take in, and which bits you leave for another life....

You will not like/enjoy everything, but there will be some bits that you will get alot out of, and you will find that you will be able to refine and improve on what you can do already. It is very hard to do something another way, if you are used to doing things your own way, and in the end, you need to be comfortable with how you are playing, which will in turn inspire more creativity

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.12.2004, 11:28 AM

Cheers Jase.....that sounds great!

Well ive just emailed the guy.....I await his response. Hopefully Ill be able to meet him over the xmas holidays......

Thx for your input guys

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 04.12.2004, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Just another question......If I do go for classical lessons.....should I tell them that I like to do 80's and modern music?
And this should affect the lessons somehow? The idea of classical piano lessons is to learn classical piano. You should take the pop/jazz lessons. Trust me. You probably won't learn the technique as fast as on classical lessons, but you learn more about music in general, which helps you making music and you can pick more freely the songs you want to play.

Classical is classical and pop/jazz is pop/jazz.
Old 04.12.2004, 01:21 PM

Cheers Juho...im inclined to agree with ya

DS

Old 04.12.2004, 10:27 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Even though you have to play things you don?t like you will still (with an open mind) learn from it and be able to use it.
About my piano teacher; yeah, i?m a lucky guy. I showed him my theremin one day. He had only heard of them and he was like "whow, how does it work, i gotta have one of these things" and when i told him that i have a Virus he became jealous and wanted one too

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 04.12.2004, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Even though you have to play things you don?t like you will still (with an open mind) learn from it and be able to use it.
About my piano teacher; yeah, i?m a lucky guy. I showed him my theremin one day. He had only heard of them and he was like "whow, how does it work, i gotta have one of these things" and when i told him that i have a Virus he became jealous and wanted one too
Have you told us this story before? Im either having serious De jevu or I am going crazy

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 05.12.2004, 05:46 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I swear...some of these posts sound like repeats of what i have said b4...thats good tho show a similar thought process...DS your style in the long run will change...that is regardless of whether you learn theory or not...dont be scared of it...you will never force yourself to make music you hate...because you have the choice!! classical piano lesson would be good but honestly you should take theory classes...you wont learn how to play piano but you will learn about music...youre like me...right now im teaching myself...starting from the beginning...but with the help of the theory i have taken in college its coming quicker then when i tried to learn at a younger age...classical piano lessons will not teach you full out theory, only how to read music and play some awesome pieces...hell if anything take both...as for pop/jazz personally i got lucky my teacher taught both...i hear it all the time tho...there must be some pretty strict teachers out there to only teach classical theory or modern theory...

peace
Blank
Old 06.12.2004, 08:15 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Have you told us this story before? Im either having serious De jevu or I am going crazy
Belive me; you?r going crazy Maybe you have some sort of a Virus Either that or i?m going crazy. No wait, i am crazy

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 06.12.2004, 08:41 AM

Must have been spooky deja vu or something...or I have dreamt it before

I had that same feeling today when looking at the Ti forum...