Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 27.02.2005, 02:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Freakbox
and don't forget those folks are in there 30s! there not as flexible and die-hard as they used to be.
Whoa there, dog. So if you're in your 30's you're no longer flexible and diehard??
Old 28.02.2005, 12:58 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5inusoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Freakbox
and don't forget those folks are in there 30s! there not as flexible and die-hard as they used to be.
Whoa there, dog. So if you're in your 30's you're no longer flexible and diehard??
No...but maybe your priorities are a little different?

In your 20's maybe you are thinking about getting fucked up and making mind blowing music, but in your 30's, maybe you are thinking about making some money to provide for your family??? Which might just tame you down a bit, and you might think about making music that is slightly more accessible to the majority...

Just a few ideas....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.02.2005, 01:40 AM
Pro
Pro

I totally agree with your comments Jasedee, but I would just say that this new album from Prodigy is less accessable to the masses than anything they've ever done as its just experimental codshite in my personal opinion.

Also, the fact that their concert here next week has been cancelled due to low ticket sales says a bit about the new album.
Old 28.02.2005, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal
I totally agree with your comments Jasedee, but I would just say that this new album from Prodigy is less accessable to the masses than anything they've ever done as its just experimental codshite in my personal opinion.
I dont know about experimental......

The album has feature vocalists, doing poppy distorted hooks, a more "trendy" nu-skool breaks feel, and probably not quite as specialized, in which I mean it has a more commercial, less edgy "feel" than other prodigy albums.

Quote:
Also, the fact that their concert here next week has been cancelled due to low ticket sales says a bit about the new album.
Dude...you're in New Zealand! This means nothing. If they were to play Sydney they would have no trouble packing out a show.

I imagine New Zealand to be a pretty small market, and it doesnt surprise me the show didnt sell out.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.02.2005, 09:14 PM
Pro
Pro

Dude, every other time they have played here they have sold out and sometimes even added an extra show because of such high demand.

You would be suprised how big the market is over here.
Old 28.02.2005, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Dude, every other time they have played here they have sold out and sometimes even added an extra show because of such high demand.

You would be suprised how big the market is over here.
Yeah....I guess I shouldnt really comment as I dont know too much about NZ. I was just kinda acting on assumptions.

Who knows why.....maybe the new Prodigy stuff isnt played on MTV/Channel V enough.....

Old 28.02.2005, 10:36 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Who knows why.....maybe the new Prodigy stuff isnt played on MTV/Channel V enough.....
I think you've probably hit the nail on the head there dude.

The question is, if the new album is full of poppy vocals...why is it getting less radio play and mtv play then Breathe, Firestarter and Smack my Bitch up did when they came out?

Personally, I think its cause its crap and the people at mtv know that it won't sell.
Old 28.02.2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Personally, I think its cause its crap and the people at mtv know that it won't sell.
Oooh....watch out there. Selling units and "good" music is a sticky issue. Britney Spears sells.....what do you think of her music?

Old 28.02.2005, 10:45 PM
Pro
Pro

Maybe I should have seperated those two points a bit more :P

I just find it curious that the stuff they put out on the last album that was considered very underground and punk at the time got lots of radio play.

I think thats where they've gone wrong. If someone more mainstream had released this new album it might be huge, but its just not pushing any boundaries and I think thats what people have come to expect from Prodigy
Old 28.02.2005, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I think thats where they've gone wrong. If someone more mainstream had released this new album it might be huge, but its just not pushing any boundaries and I think thats what people have come to expect from Prodigy
Yeah....I think I may have to agree with that.....I enjoyed the album, but wont have as much impact as "The Experience" did in my life