Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 18.03.2006, 10:15 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by juno_nuno
Hernan Cattaneo
Anthony Pappa
D-nox
Richie Hawtin
Ricardo Vilallobos
James Holden
James Zabiela
Are they dead too ?
I hope so....
Old 18.03.2006, 10:26 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
Quote:
Originally Posted by juno_nuno
Hernan Cattaneo
Anthony Pappa
D-nox
Richie Hawtin
Ricardo Vilallobos
James Holden
James Zabiela
Are they dead too ?
I hope so....

Maybe you should listen to some gothic music or death metal
Surely fits your morbid desires !!!
Old 18.03.2006, 11:24 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

There is a fundamental difference between a DJ and a Turntablist. The difference is that a good Turntablist has talent, where as a good DJ has skill.

Club DJs that don't produce the music they're mixing aren't worth a pinch of shit. Glorified pretty boys soaking up the glory for other peoples hard work, then letting it go to their heads! The DJ/club culture is so shallow and fake.

Turntablists on the other hand create usable instruments by messing with Vinyl. I've met guys who could actually play melodies by scratching together 2 records that contained a straight pitch. These are the only guys who I can respect as "DJs".

Just my two cents.

EDIT: I should say though, I'm only refering to the Dance/Club scene where DJs are concerned. These guys take way too much credit. DJs that are mixing other forms of music don't usually have half the attitude.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 18.03.2006, 11:30 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
There is a fundamental difference between a DJ and a Turntablist. The difference is that a good Turntablist has talent, where as a good DJ has skill.

DJs that don't produce the music they're mixing aren't worth a pinch of shit. Glorified pretty boys soaking up the glory for other peoples hard work, then letting it go to their heads! The DJ/club culture is so shallow and fake.

Turntablists on the other hand create usable instruments by messing with Vinyl. I've met guys who could actually play notes, but scratching together 2 records that contained a straight pitch. These are the only guys who I can respect as "DJs".

Just my two cents.

I?m not into turntablism,but i have lots of respect for those who do this art!!!
I saw Dj swamp (was scratching for beck thoses days) making a freestyle show in a festival,he played smoke on the water from deep purple scratching a vynil wich wasnt even in the turntable,he was holding the vynil only !!!

Still i have great respect for good djs with mixing skills and musical choices!!!
Old 20.10.2006, 01:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

1. Tone Depth
2. Anthony Pappa
3. Matthew Dekay
4. Satoshie Tomie

YES I LOVE MY MUSIC DARK!! LOL!
Old 20.10.2006, 01:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to ///AznTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell

Club DJs that don't produce the music they're mixing aren't worth a pinch of shit. Glorified pretty boys soaking up the glory for other peoples hard work, then letting it go to their heads! The DJ/club culture is so shallow and fake.

Turntablists on the other hand create usable instruments by messing with Vinyl. I've met guys who could actually play melodies by scratching together 2 records that contained a straight pitch. These are the only guys who I can respect as "DJs".

Just my two cents.

EDIT: I should say though, I'm only refering to the Dance/Club scene where DJs are concerned. These guys take way too much credit. DJs that are mixing other forms of music don't usually have half the attitude.
YO BRO. I FEEL YA! I agree with you 100% These overglorified DJs taking tooooooooo much credit for other people's hardwork.
So I know what you mean.

I used to DJ alot in the late 90s and knew NOTHING about production and let all that nonsense go to my head....then I saw later on how hard people like you and the real talent put their hard work into making a crowd go nutz.

However, I still think a good DJ that knows how to program a night and combining great talented pieces together is another great skill that alot of producers lack. You have to admit. Its people who know how to produce a record that makes people go bananas and know how to program a night are the great ones. Very few though IMHO.

BUT YES! Overall they are overglorified. You should come to NYC and see for yourself. makes me want to puke. So sickening...

Meanwhile they barely produce music and fool the suckers that they are the talent....please! But Yo mad respect to you for even being true like that and seeing the otherside
Old 11.11.2006, 03:17 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

DJ Marcus from Son Kite is the best DJ I've heard in all my years. he is on Digital Structures out of Malmoe, Sweden. Also, Banel from Iboga Records is another one of my favs. I do not enjoy any commerical progressive artists... Oakenfold, Van Dyk, Cox.... some of my least favs..

John Digweed is still very good, IMO. I agree that Dave Clarke is very good. I need to mention Dj Gavin previously from NY now part of Iboga Records.... Am I the only person who likes progressive psytrance on this forum...