Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 06.07.2005, 04:16 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Right, gimme your worst.

It's a prog house track which isn't completely finished. It's a bit of a dodgy mix aswell but let me know what you think anyway.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/dugal_music.htm

shit, not sure that works. Just go to www.soundclick.com and search for Dugal.
Old 06.07.2005, 11:01 PM
This forum member lives here

Cheers for posting Dugmac!

Can you tell us what you used to make the track? Always nice for some background info...

I did take a listen, but atm I am on the laptop, so it wont be fair for me to comment on production as Im listening through the lappy's speakers. Sounded pretty cool though....synth lines especially

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 07.07.2005, 08:28 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Yeah it's mostly a Virus C.

The drums are samples from 'Essential House' in my Akai Z4. One bass line is from Trilogy and all the fx are either from the virus or samples from 'Future FX' sample cd running in battery.

I also used the effects (delay/reverb) and the dynamics from my Yamaha 01v mixer.

What do you think about the length? I'm thinking it's a bit long and needs another element?

Cheers!
Old 07.07.2005, 10:05 PM

Good on you for posting something Dugmac! I'll be DLing in the next week or so. I usually wait till I'm on the cable connection at work - that way I can DL heaps and get paid for it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 12.07.2005, 11:45 AM

OK.......Back at the studio computer.

I think the periodic synth stab is a little too loud, especially at the beginning. Thats no issue though, just a case of levels.

I definately think the track needs to pick up a little after the first breakdown, kinda needs more energy or a new element like you said. Something to give it more drive.

Ooops...something happened near the middle of the song...Like a fuck out. It just kinda starts again. The new bass element towards the end is nice. Maybe some more complex hats to give it more "Lift" as the song progresses...

All up nice work mate. I have trouble sequencing and filling out a song, but seems like you are doing the right thing here.

Cheers for the listen!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 12.07.2005, 01:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Cheers for the advice Jasedee! I'll definately take it on board.

Yeah I think the flip out in the middle was my audio interface going nuts, have worked around it now.

I agree about the progression as well. I'm trying to come up with a new element to bring in but struggling a bit.

Hopefully I should have a better mix up in the next couple of days. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Old 13.07.2005, 01:39 AM
Pro
Pro

I have a song I've just finished and might be willing to share, but I need someone to host it for me. I don't wanna put it on Soundclick because I don't own the rights to all the samples that were used (I have no intention of releasing this track). I just wanna put it up for a couple days as this is by far the best production level I have ever achieved (even though its still crap) and would like to hear some constructive feedback from some of the regulars. I've only ever heard it on my K240 headphones and in the shitty car stereo so it would be interesting to hear if anything sticks out like dog's balls on any of your setups.

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 13.07.2005, 06:50 AM

How big is the file Gopal? if you send it to me, I can put it on a site I use...

jason @ 24bit192k dot com

Old 13.07.2005, 09:12 PM
Pro
Pro

Hey thanks for the offer Jase,

The file is like 75 megs at the moment but thats as a .wav file. It'll only be a few megs if I mp3 it. How small does it need to be?
Old 14.07.2005, 08:37 AM

That address goes to my hotmail account, and I think it can be anywhere up to 10Mb.

Once it is MP3'd it should be fine. Go for it!