Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.03.2009, 03:11 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via ICQ to demoakuten Send a message via Skype™ to demoakuten
Smile > Unsolved < Loosing MIDI after awhile...

Hi everybody!
Got myself a TI keyboard and Im happy. Still there is something bugging me and that is the following issues:

1> I run my SX3 at 2.8 ms in latency with the audiocards ASIO, but It feels like I have it set to something like 7-10 ms? All other synths responds directly and feels very direct but the TI feels a little slow.....Any suggestions there?

2> If I leave the studio for a cup of coffe or so for an hour, then when I get back the MIDI has gone home for the day. DEAD. Then I try to restart the virus with the arp-key and finally when that doesn´t do it, I have to restart SX as well. In most cases it works after that, but hey guys, I gotta tellya THAT is really annoying!!!!!!
Anyone?
/Read something about the IRQ on the USB which could be a solution. Will try that tonight....a conflict I mean...

Otherwise I love it and Im quite satified!! Just wish I will come over a page where I can find millions of banks with sounds to it. Should be hundred of those?..

BEst musical regards to everyone!

//danny

Last edited by demoakuten : 25.03.2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 26.03.2009, 08:54 AM
Pro
Pro

I've never had MIDI drop out if left for an extended period of time in Virus Control on SX3. I have noticed in single mode that sometimes the TI voices, if left alone and unplayed for some time, sound like the filters turn off/stop working, and I have to toggle through patches to make the sound correct again.
Old 26.03.2009, 09:39 AM
New here
New here

Default Hummmm..

Ok, that sounds weird as well....Now I installed a USB-fastcard 2.0 and reinstalled virus as well over that usb-port. Now I can only wait and see what happens....

Its strange that it looses its MIDI when left alone...I mean, I leave it with a project on where I have like three MIDIch running my TI and all is well...but after a break for lets say an hour or so It has lost its connection and SX is not possible to find it......
h e l p !

//DF
Old 26.03.2009, 11:52 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

1) turn off the standby (Power management)
2) Cubase does not re open MIDI ports when they are gone once which is because of 1 I think.

r
Old 26.03.2009, 12:51 PM
New here
New here

Default Hmmm...

Ahaaaaaa...you think i MIGHT have forget to turn it off? Well you may be right there because the studiocomputer is recently formatted!!! I will have a look at that and may take the opportunity to appologize to all infected Virusists that I dared think it was the virus that was bad. :O)

I think this is it!

Thanks for the remind!

//DF
Old 26.03.2009, 02:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Not sure if you're using Mac or PC. If it's PC, this fix should work, and will take less than 5 minutes:

1. Go to Device Manager
Vista: Start -> Control Panel -> Classic View -> Double-click "Device Manager" icon
XP: Start -> Right-click My Computer -> Choose "Properties" -> Click the "Hardware" tab -> Click "Device Manager" button

2. In the list, expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers"

3. A sub-list opens up. Go through the sub-list doing the following to each item:

i) Double-Click it

ii)
Go to the "Power Management" tab, if there is one, and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (some items won't have a power management tab, so just skip this step for those items)

iii)
Click OK

4. Close Device Manager, close Control Panel, restart the computer.

That should sort you out :>

-Annikk
Old 27.03.2009, 04:21 PM
New here
New here

Smile Hmmmm x 12

Hey!

This sounds interesting really!!
Good fix and I thank you for the time it must have taken you to copy, paste and write! :O)
There is soo many things and parameters to pull...jeeesus!

But thanks, this sounds like it would work.

//DF
Old 30.03.2009, 06:51 AM
New here
New here

Default Hey Guys!!

Now I have done all the things you told me, and I did really belive it would work, but hell no!!
Now I have a TI Keyboard for sale....2 $ ? Anyone?....1......?

Yesterday I went out with my head full of new songs to record! Inspiration max overload! Starting up the machinery. SX slowly but surely...Finiished!
Ok, now lets take a piano just to record the melodies so It wont disapear...
:: No MIDI.....Ehhh....TI is not working......no midi...Ok lets do the power off-thing with it...Unplug power-hold the arp button and restart...NO MIDI...
Ok, I restart SX too.... THEN it works! Good....hmm.... :/

NOw I must record my stuff I have in my head....left of it at least....
Then I notice a problem I haven´t had since ages...Everything I rec semms to be soooo bad played in time so even the quantize button wont help me...Now I know myself pretty good and Im one of theese guys you really hate for being like a clock/sync in time when playing live....so its not me!!!

I try for an hour or so but it kills me.....First the latency from the virus is awful...(2,5ms in SX)..and then this random-input-recording.....

Im not sure I like this no more...ok, it's still the world most sexiest synth and its best sounding But I CANT WORK LIKE THIS!!!!!

Last try here:
H H EEEE L PPPP !
H H E L P P !
HHHH EEE L PPPP !
H H E L P
H H EEEEE LLLLL P !
Old 20.04.2009, 02:14 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Engel

You may try to turn on/off "use system timestamp" settings (this setting is avaliable in Devices -> Device Setup -> MIDI -> MIDI port setup menu in Cubase 5, I'm not sure about Cubase SX 3)
Old 25.04.2009, 01:33 PM
New here
New here

Something similar to this was happening to me for about a month and it ended up being a conflict with an extra video card that I installed. It didn't die right away but slowly but surely i had to no USB Audio support. Have you installed any new hardware or anything that might have caused a conflict in the last little bit?