Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.04.2007, 12:51 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Recording knob Tweaks: is there an easier way?

I'm fairly noobish with all this but after messing around with my friend working on a track in cubase, I discovered more or less how to easily extract some craziness out of the bassline I had going. WHAT I WANT TO DO IS SAVE A COMPLETE RECORDING OF EVERY PARAMETER AFFECTED. My friend who is the one who set everything up told me that the only way to save the automation is by going in before hand and assigning each parameter that is to be modulated individually. It seemed to me that there should be a way to just record all modulations that occur while in the recording automation mode (similar to the capability that I am familiar with in Ableton). In spite of the viruses great power, this seems to be an annoying achilles heal. Or am I just tripping? It would change my life if somebody could tell me the best way to achieve this. Oh ya, and I realize that one possible way is to just record the analogue audio output. This option would result in the loss of valuable midi data though resulting in the recording forcing it to be a one-take recording session. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 01.04.2007, 07:27 AM
Veteran
Veteran

I use a not so quick way, I always matrix the tweeks I like to the 3 soft knobs and always make sure the soft knobs are control 12 conrol 13 and MOD (control 1), I have a dedicated user midi map in REMOTE mode for sending 12, 13, 1 on the soft knobs. I admit this can suck but I have accepted the limitation and developed a productive routine around this.
Now for a bitch..
It's just that Access are limited by bandwidth on the usb 1.1 bus and every parrameter is not hardwired to "go hot", and when you do try to assign every parrameter you find there are limits.. and even worse you have to deal with sucky VST automation and not good old midi ccs.