Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 16.09.2006, 06:55 PM
New here
New here

Default NIN Closer - recreating the bass sound at the start

Its the bass sound at the start after the drums come in I'm after. Ive come close (kind of!) to recreating it on my ti by creating a simple bass sound using a sawtooth on osc1 in isolation with plenty of sub osc. I set the filter cutoff to 29, added 40 res, set env amount to around 47 and the filter envelope to the following:

attack: 32
decay: 0
sustain: 127
release: 3

I'm pretty sure the filter in the actual sound on the track is setup in a similar fasion as you can hear the filter opening on some of the notes. I tried messing with the filter tracking too because the higher notes just didnt sound right without it. I also added a little taste of chorus. Despite my efforts it still doesnt resemble the sound as much as I hoped and I know NIN process lots of their sounds but I'm pretty sure this one is fairly basic and something very similar could be created on the virus with the right knowledge!

any advice to get me closer (no pun intended!) to the sound would be appreciated, thanks!