Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.01.2021, 03:58 AM
New here
New here

Default Updating 5.0.8.00

New owner of secondhand Virus TI2. Bought it with the understanding that I shouldn't expect to ever see a functional "TI" portion (Catalina incompatibility & end of development, etc) but is the version that shows up on boot up, what I refer to as "firmware" 5.0.8.00 also the version that is suppose to coincide with the version of "TI" (5.1.7.00) If they are one and the same, is the "TI" install the only way to get the firmware updated or is there a SysEx firmware update that can be installed? Something about the nomenclature and outdated info or lack of info on the Access site makes me doubt my instincts. Take "ROM" as an example.I get why they call it that for lack of a better term, but ROM to me is never re-writable. Closer to EEPROM...Thanks for the help
Old 04.01.2021, 12:43 AM
Infektion taking hold...

5.1.7.00 is the latest version, also for the Virus OS. At least if you’re on Mac OS.
Old 04.01.2021, 04:10 AM
New here
New here

Thanks for the info. Still a little confused...Is the Virus OS updated only via the TI install? I know TI is not Catalina compatible so hesitant about proceeding. Or can I run the installer to update only? Searches have brought up instances of "bricking" the unit so being cautious. Do I/should I even need to update?
Old 09.01.2021, 03:50 PM
Infektion taking hold...

The Viros OS is updated through the Virus Control Center, which also allows to backup and restore all data as well as flash the ROM sound banks.

Unfortunately, that application is not working at all on Catalina and you‘d need to upgrade your TI fron an older Mac OS or Windows system.

But if you are on Catalina and don‘t plan to use TI, then 5.0.8 should be fine.