Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.11.2014, 06:30 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI Low freq resonance wont go away.

Hi, so I have only just started using the virus in my music productions and have recently discovered that when producing low frequencies with almost any wave, that the virus also outputs really high up resonate frequencies and the only way i can seem to get rid of them is by eqing them out. But that means that I also eq out a lot of the actual sound I like to keep.

Does any one else have this problem? Is it just something that the Virus does? I have tried lots of different approaches to try and get rid of this resonating frequency problem, but can't seem to come up with a solution.

Cheers.
Old 12.11.2014, 01:21 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phsiris View Post
Does any one else have this problem?
What oscillator waveshapes are you using, and which frequencies are resonant (normally visible on a FFT meter)?

Many of the PCM waves are naturally resonant as I believe the waves themselves are created by preset equations and transposed up and down the keyboard. But the standard waves (saw, pulse, sine) shouldn't be affected as they're generated per-note.

Could it be an external problem, such as room reflections, standing waves, frequency colouration etc. due to positioning of monitors in the room and/or lack of acoustic room treatment (panels, bass traps, etc.)?
Old 12.11.2014, 10:47 PM
New here
New here

Cheers, thanks for the reply.

I just tested the virus using only a sine wave and it still has the same problem. I should tried using the sine wave yesterday. :P
But I was reading around this morning and it seems like some people that don't have the original power supply for their virus have had this same problem.

Now to obtain the proper power supply.