Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.10.2014, 06:37 PM
New here
New here

Default Dumping new soundest into Virus C

Hey guys having a little problem with dumping some sound sets into my virus. Ive done it in the past but its been a couple years cause its been away for repairs. Anyways, Im using cubase 7.5 and I set up an instrument track and load the midi/sysex file and hit play. Pretty sure this is how its done, but I'm not getting anything happening on the virus. Also one of em says sysex with illegal bank no!!!. Never seen that before. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance
Old 16.10.2014, 12:48 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi Psyn, have you tried SoundDiver? I know it's a wholly different method.
Old 16.10.2014, 01:57 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Yes, SoundDiver is basically a drag & drop method: you load the file to see its content, then I normally copy all the patches (select all - ctrl c) and paste them into bank A or B. If you don't have the program just ask Access; they will send it to you quickly, otherwise give me your mail with pm and I'll ship it.

my soundcloud page
Old 16.10.2014, 04:36 PM
New here
New here

Ive never heard of that before, Thanks. Osc, PM your way
Old 17.10.2014, 11:18 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
Yes, SoundDiver is basically a drag & drop method: you load the file to see its content, then I normally copy all the patches (select all - ctrl c) and paste them into bank A or B. If you don't have the program just ask Access; they will send it to you quickly, otherwise give me your mail with pm and I'll ship it.
I have done exactly that..ask Access. They won't hand it out anymore as it is not supported any longer. It also won't run anymore on the newer Mac OSX. Sadly.
Old 18.10.2014, 03:29 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Unfortunately I don't have the Mac version of SoundDiver, but do have the PC version if you require it. Despite being discontinued since 2002 it still works well on the latest Windows 8.1, 64-bit and is a boon for both librarian and visual patch editor duties for Virus A/B/C. I still use it with my Indigo 1.
Old 19.10.2014, 02:05 AM
New here
New here

There's a setting in the Virus that must be set to receive sysex. Then your Cubase method should work.
Old 19.10.2014, 07:20 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Unfortunately I don't have the Mac version of SoundDiver, but do have the PC version if you require it. Despite being discontinued since 2002 it still works well on the latest Windows 8.1, 64-bit and is a boon for both librarian and visual patch editor duties for Virus A/B/C. I still use it with my Indigo 1.
Would love a version for Mac if anyone has it. Can anyone confirm if it even runs on Mavericks?