Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.01.2009, 08:34 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Os 3 sounds different

I'm not sure with this one, I maybe loosing it by think Os 3 has altered the virussound. Maybe I'm wrong. Buy somethingfelt different after updating.!!
Old 16.01.2009, 08:43 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hmm, I haven't noticed a difference....maybe for the better(sound quality), i'm just pissed about the gui.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 17.01.2009, 07:40 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
I'm not sure with this one, I maybe loosing it by think Os 3 has altered the virussound. Maybe I'm wrong. Buy somethingfelt different after updating.!!
can you be a little bit more specific please?

m
Old 17.01.2009, 11:47 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I haven't noticed a definite change in sound (except when using the excellent new 'character'-effect).

As a UI designer I know that a visual (or tactile) change in the user interface can (psychologically) change the way you perceive sound.

So - and I'm guessing here - it could be that looking at the new, freshly designed VC interface affects the way you hear your Virus.

This phenomenon also most likely accounts for the fact that some people claim the virus sounds different over USB than as a standalone midi synth. In one case they're looking and touching the device itself and in the other case they're looking at the on-screen UI, which influences their perception of sensorial stimuli.

Maybe you should do a blind test to be certain
Old 17.01.2009, 07:01 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brambos View Post
I haven't noticed a definite change in sound (except when using the excellent new 'character'-effect).

As a UI designer I know that a visual (or tactile) change in the user interface can (psychologically) change the way you perceive sound.

So - and I'm guessing here - it could be that looking at the new, freshly designed VC interface affects the way you hear your Virus.

This phenomenon also most likely accounts for the fact that some people claim the virus sounds different over USB than as a standalone midi synth. In one case they're looking and touching the device itself and in the other case they're looking at the on-screen UI, which influences their perception of sensorial stimuli.

absolutely!
Old 17.01.2009, 07:24 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

all my sounds still sound the same. havent noticed a change.
Old 18.01.2009, 03:11 PM
Am starting to like this forum

The analog outs absolutely/positively sound different. (which i use)

reason: the D/A converters in the TI sound different than my RME FF800 outputs

furthere reason: (although i havent tried this) someone said last year that it sounds even BETTER being clocked by a Big Ben (on spdif input)
Old 18.01.2009, 08:51 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brambos View Post

I believe you are on to something there, maybe This is the same mental phenomenon that causes certain people to think $24000 speaker cables sound better
Old 19.01.2009, 03:22 AM
New here
New here

well speakers cables that cost 1k for 3meters are sound better then 50$ cables,
i also noticed more in your face sound with the new os 3.0
Old 19.01.2009, 09:49 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Yes, I do think it's psychological, sorry!

It happened when I just updated it, now It sounds the same, very strange phenomenon.