Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 06.01.2005, 02:24 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

AHA!

So, the Orangutang with a black ski-mask and a beer in his hand chasing after two blondes that I saw on the WWW last week was you 3o3?

I should have known!

Cool!
Old 06.01.2005, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

That's me alright; althou i don't chase any blondes. I've already got the best blonde.

althou, she is pissed at me now

But that is an different matter; what i was chasing was acctually more. Hmm. beer - i need more of that

EDIT: And now everything is fine. ah. I love my honeybunny

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 06.01.2005, 03:29 PM
Administrator

OK, you were chasing after the BEERS that those two blondes were holding!

Perfectly logical explanation, any sane man, err Orangutang, would have done the same thing...your girlfriend is over reacting!

My pretty little blonde got mad at me when I bought my Virus!

Ooops!
Old 06.01.2005, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

That's right - don't stand in the way between my beer and my other beer. damn it.

Argh, i am getting drunk here

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 06.01.2005, 03:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mcoyote

Quote:
...Its bloody simple to me. DONT ANNOUNCE PRODUCTS TILL THEY ARE READY TO SHIP...
I guess I'm sympathetic because I work in software. The business has certain goals that translate into dates and units, but the engineers often won't know what they'll encounter on the way there -- some things just can't be predicted when you are dealing with this much code.

Once the engineers say "yeah, looks like we'll make it," committments to distributors get made and advertising goes out. Managemnet has to do that because those things take time to put in motion.

The odd thing is, of course, that every project takes longer than you want and (usually) less than you fear. That being the case, engineering management would be well served to be pessimistic in their timelines, but they're also trying to scoop competition and dodge creditors.

You could call it a lose/lose scenario.
Old 06.01.2005, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo
It seems to me that Access may have outed their announcement early when they got wind of this monster modelling Korg effort, so they could make the first splash with the whole computer "integration" thing and get pre-orders.
Fair enough that they don't want to release a buggy OS too soon (which is a lot more that can be said about many other companies, and must be heartily applauded), but I think it's a great shame Access haven't released a few audio demos or something small to tide us over. I'm absolutely desperate to hear the wavetable and hypersaw effort!
Maybe the hypersaw and wavetable dont sound too good? For all we know...it might not be that great....and lets face it....you gotta put of fuckign good mp3's to sell a synth. With all this secrecy and daudling around....the mp3's had better make me go wow....otherwise im buying a vintage synth lol

Onllyy joking.....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 06.01.2005, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Mcoyote wrote:
I guess I'm sympathetic because I work in software. The business has certain goals that translate into dates and units, but the engineers often won't know what they'll encounter on the way there -- some things just can't be predicted when you are dealing with this much code.
I agree with Mcoyote here as I work in the software industry too.
However, I also agree with his later statement of:

Quote:
That being the case, engineering management would be well served to be pessimistic in their timelines...
I worked with a software company about five years ago that sold document imaging systems. They basically missed the boat of having a totally web-based system so they were cracking the whip hard on the development staff to convert the current client-server app. into a web-based one. THEY DROPPED ALL THEIR P.R. MATERIALL TOO EARLY AS WELL...

This caused their existing clients to stop ordering new licenses as they feared an imminent upgrade/conversion and scared their prospective clients into waiting to give them any money because they did not want to be on the "Bleeding Edge" of a new and untested technology.

For Access it is a little different in that a Virus C is still a bad-ass synth and some people might not be shy in buying it even I they know the TI is coming out. It is still bad business, but in al honestly it is a difficult game to win.

No company will ever have their product designed, tested, manufactured and on a perfectly predictable delivery schedule; no matter what business they are in. In general though it is better practice to UNDER PROMISE and OVER DELIVER.

I also agree with 3o3:

Quote:
3o3 wrote:
That's right - don't stand in the way between my beer and my other beer. damn it.
This is a fundamental law of man...

...and apparently apes as well!

-AlexHall74
Old 06.01.2005, 07:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

you know i love monkeys but lets get back to the real topic.
any news on the new korg product?
Old 06.01.2005, 07:41 PM
Administrator

I'm posting on a different forum to see if there is any other info there...

I'll be back!
Old 06.01.2005, 07:42 PM

My wife runs her P.R. firm, maybe ACCESS should hire her! She'll get the job done right and get some mp3's and tentative release dates out of them. On the business and PR side though (in all seriousness), they are doing a SHITTY job!!!

I mean seriously though, 2 months go by since announcement and not 1 mp3 of any type or tentative release dates. I think they are forgetting that the orders they have now are PREorders. The customer can change their mind if something better comes along. BUUUUUTTTTT, nothing probably will, soo we wont.