Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.08.2009, 03:44 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazy producer View Post
That would be cool... this isnt possible?
Unfortunately not. I think it's unlikely we'll see it on TI|1. It was one of the first popular requests, and if Access could've implemented it they would have done so by now (in the last five years since TI|1 has been released).
Old 26.08.2009, 04:54 PM
Am starting to like this forum

ok...what about TI|2 Users?
Old 26.08.2009, 07:07 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@ kazy producer

Ok, as you have a Yamaha XS already the Virus TI would be the best addition.

There is no problem go and get a Virus TI right now. I personally have a ROLAND Fantom X and the Virus TI is the best addition and I don't want to miss it.

I am personally sure that you will be able to create your sounds as you wish with the Virus. The filters of the Virus are very good so you can modify the sound only with this to a smoother version. Also the new character feature in the new OS is helping to get smoother sounds.

Cheers
Old 26.08.2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
wavetables are sounds, if you could import your own wavetables, you could import any bred and butter sound like Piano, Pads, human voice or whatever and edit it with the virus

the more i´m thinking about this the idea is getting better and better
A wavetable isn't sample playback, it's something entirely different. The virus DOES have wavetable oscillators though lol.
Old 26.08.2009, 09:27 PM
Infektion taking hold...

It's a synth Kazy you can make the Virus as smooth as you want lol, sawtooth is a sawtooth, a square is a square. cut off can mellow out your sound and make it sound "smoother". Any synth is capable of producing harsh sounds like pure noise..... I get lost by how you mean smoother. Anyone, you having trouble like me? All that great plastic sound from the other keyboards is the lack of voice, and a cheesy DSP
Old 26.08.2009, 10:00 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmade View Post
It's a synth Kazy you can make the Virus as smooth as you want lol, sawtooth is a sawtooth, a square is a square. cut off can mellow out your sound and make it sound "smoother". Any synth is capable of producing harsh sounds like pure noise..... I get lost by how you mean smoother. Anyone, you having trouble like me? All that great plastic sound from the other keyboards is the lack of voice, and a cheesy DSP
Thx for writing... Im trying to come up with a better way to describe it. How about comparing what Im after... Im looking for TIMBALAND type tones. I know hes who he is because of what he does and how he sounds, but what hardware is he using (im sure its not one peice) but I think his sounds are smoother than that of the Virus. What else gives the quality tone like a Virus but maybe a different twist.

Whats used in latest Brit Spears record? Timabalands records? Etc
Old 27.08.2009, 12:48 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default NI Absynth

why don't you download Native Instruments Absynth it may have some of the sounds you are looking for.
Old 27.08.2009, 04:46 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Timbaland uses a lot of VST's but the only reallll synth that I've seen or heard him play is the Roland SH-201 which is an so/so synth, but it's soooo awesome that it does not only sound like plastic, but a plastic bag from the super market and the reverb is so epic it sounds like your slamming metal sheets of shit together. Thats how much I think that keyboard sucks compared to anything else. Trust me all this "smooth" nonsense is not true, it's in your head. Kazy synthesizers need to be programmed to make a specific sound, so depending on how you program a synth will depend on how you want it to sound. If you feel the Virus TI is not "smooth" enough then just a buy a little casio, then you my friend will experience the awesome feeling of owning something of lesser integrity . Sorry if I am blunt about this, but the virus is smoother sounding than anyyyything else that I have seen on the market.
Old 27.08.2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
A wavetable isn't sample playback, it's something entirely different. The virus DOES have wavetable oscillators though lol.
but you do know that most of the stage pianos have wavetable synthesis?

the way its done can be compared with sampling

check this one on wiki how wavetable synthesis is done
Old 27.08.2009, 09:23 AM

Have to cut in....

You can never compare any wavetable based synth to a massive multi-sampled velocity switching piano (or similar) - they are two very different beasts, with two completely different purposes.

As far as softening (or modifying the tone) of the Virus:
Make sure the right filters and saturation stages (specially saturation) are chosen.
Cycle waveforms until you find the sweet spot you're after.
Cut back on the amount of voices used and build sounds up with other FX or outboard processing.

The Virus has a 'tone' anyway and it's ultimately that sound that got us to buy the temperamental things in the first place. There is no all in one solution to sounds, and it's always good to have a few bits of gear in your pallet.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut