Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.08.2009, 07:13 AM
New here
New here

Default Too Aggressive?

I love how aggressive the Virus is... but Im looking to push more for pop tones and less techno/dance. Any suggestions how to obtain such tones? Is the Virus capable of being toned back a bit? Any suggestions of what other hardware would be good that has the amazing tone quality the Virus does?

Thx in advance for any help!

KAZY
Old 26.08.2009, 07:50 AM
Am starting to like this forum

what the virus needs for that would be wavetables, so you could play some pianos and butter & bread sounds

who knows if they implement this in a future update, its not the reason why you buy a virus, but it would be a nice +
Old 26.08.2009, 07:57 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

The Virus is not only a Techno/Trance synth. The roots are still there but during the years the mutation to a multistyle synth has been completed. Just for your info there are about 6000 patches aviable for the Virus so you will certainly also find patches for your style of music.

It will be difficult to find a real substitute for the Virus and its typical sound and also for the price you can hardly get anything better. The old soundsets are still aviable for the newest Virus and the OS are still improving and updated, so do you want more.

You can do everything with the Virus, every sound is nearly possible to be created you just have to know how to do it or how to programm.
Old 26.08.2009, 08:53 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
what the virus needs for that would be wavetables, so you could play some pianos and butter & bread sounds

who knows if they implement this in a future update, its not the reason why you buy a virus, but it would be a nice +
What are wavetables???
Old 26.08.2009, 08:58 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I am happy I can't wait, I get mine on Thursday! I love that signature Access-Music sound! The Virus TI Sound engine exists in such an amazing parallel universe, The human mind is such an amazing thing. Access Music makes the best synthesizers in the world, I would not ever consider anything about it to be "toned back". It is a synthesizer, you can make it what you want, you want bells, by all means make them, want a FM Piano go for it. Want 80's or 90's based pads, it is all possible. With the virus ti you can relive the soul of world renowned synths, from the awesomely 80's to the chip tunes of a Commodore64, to the dance music of today, tomorrow, and the future. Look at me I sound like I sell the damn thing hahahaha.
Old 26.08.2009, 09:06 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmmade View Post
I am happy I can't wait, I get mine on Thursday! I love that signature Access-Music sound! The Virus TI Sound engine exists in such an amazing parallel universe, The human mind is such an amazing thing. Access Music makes the best synthesizers in the world, I would not ever consider anything about it to be "toned back". It is a synthesizer, you can make it what you want, you want bells, by all means make them, want a FM Piano go for it. Want 80's or 90's based pads, it is all possible. With the virus ti you can relive the soul of world renowned synths, from the awesomely 80's to the chip tunes of a Commodore64, to the dance music of today, tomorrow, and the future. Look at me I sound like I sell the damn thing hahahaha.
Do you work for Access??? LOL WOW! Anyway... I can go along with some of what you say but you cannot say that the Virus doesnt have a TONE and STYLE. I dont think the Virus is for EVERY APPLICATION A SYNTH IS NEEDED. It has a style to it .. and vibe.. no doubt. Personally I love what it does and how it sounds, which is why im here exploring how I can get it to work more for me. I think its best suited for a DJ or someone writing techno or upbeat dance tracks. Im sure I have a lot to learn in terms of manipulating and creating sounds, but looking for some advice of how to obtain more pop type leads... not such aggressive ones that sometimes are too much. Ive used a few tones and they sound great.. but want more out of it. Ideas are helpful so thank you. Im not here to argue or debate... I just want to make it work more for my specific application and looking for advice.
Old 26.08.2009, 09:55 AM
Am starting to like this forum

wavetables are sounds, if you could import your own wavetables, you could import any bred and butter sound like Piano, Pads, human voice or whatever and edit it with the virus

the more i´m thinking about this the idea is getting better and better
Old 26.08.2009, 12:41 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@ kazy producer

As I already said the virus is not only a Techno/Trance synth.....

What you have to know is, that the Virus is a synth and the word means, that you have synthetic sounds. You can have very good sounding instruments sounds like the piano, harp and so one but don't expect a realistic grand piano.

This means, that this is why you can't see in the virus a dedicated style or tone button. The Virus is not a workstation.

The good thing is, that in Virus Control you have a search engine so you can look up for sounds. You can type in bass an all the bass sound apears.

So, I am asking you; what kind of sounds do you want? Piano, violin, electric guitar etc. so the Virus is not the instument for you, go and have a look at a workstation (Roland Fantom X or G, Yamaha XS, KORG M3).

Those workstation have dedicated sounds (Tone, style) so you press one button and you get a realistic grand piano without tweaking or programming.

What I can say is go and have also a look to the ACCESS homepage:
http://www.accessmusic.de/page/rende...thesizers.html

There are some videos and sound examples maybe it will help you to decide if the Virus is a gear for you.

I don't know but I think the Virus won't suit you, you will spent a lot of money and get frustrated because ou won't get the sounds you need in a decent time to have fun. Just my 2cents.

If this post wasn't a help so give us more info about what you are looking for, maybe you also need other sounds than leadsounds.

Cheers
Old 26.08.2009, 03:34 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atziluth View Post
@ kazy producer

So, I am asking you; what kind of sounds do you want? Piano, violin, electric guitar etc. so the Virus is not the instument for you, go and have a look at a workstation (Roland Fantom X or G, Yamaha XS, KORG M3).
Thanks for taking time to write. I had the luxury of borrowing it from a good friend so I had the Virus for about a month on a production I did. I also have a Motif XS which is good for certain things like strings, but the sounds I want are GOOD SYNTH LEADS. The Yamaha Synth Lead sound are plastic sounding a bit.. not big and pure and clean like the Virus. The Virus tones are much much better... BUT sometimes Im looking for something a bit smoother. Im trying to find words to describe what I want..... Im thinking less aggressive or smoother. I guess its difficult to explain... but the synth lead sounds are the sounds I need.
Old 26.08.2009, 03:35 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
wavetables are sounds, if you could import your own wavetables, you could import any bred and butter sound like Piano, Pads, human voice or whatever and edit it with the virus

the more i´m thinking about this the idea is getting better and better
That would be cool... this isnt possible?