Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.02.2011, 11:25 PM
Pro
Pro

hey now. lets not go bagging out massive . it complements the TI well.

One thing id like to see the TI take from massive is the LFO step sequencing function with drawable curves.... That would take the TI to an entirely new level for me.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 12.02.2011, 02:05 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I was using it as an example of cracked and overused
Old 12.02.2011, 11:34 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Hell I'd be happy if they'd just increase the speed of the LFOs
Old 12.02.2011, 01:03 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstrom808 View Post
Hell I'd be happy if they'd just increase the speed of the LFOs

tell me about it... paitiently waiting for them to catch up with more modern synthesis approaches...also some logic modifiers and some low pass gates. Id also like to see them implement a good filter model that doesnt turn the original signal to a caca when you bring up the resonance.
Old 12.02.2011, 03:38 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
Id also like to see them implement a good filter model that doesnt turn the original signal to a caca when you bring up the resonance.
What about the "analog" filter model? It's much better than the standard Virus filter.
Old 12.02.2011, 11:01 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

What about buying something else instead? FFS, why did you buy a Virus in the first place if you didn't like how it sounded? Seriously. You don't buy a synth whose sound you don't like. You don't buy a synth THINKING something will be updated and/or included. You buy stuff for what it currently does. End of the question. If it didn't meet your expectations, sell it, return it or whatever - don't go complaining, nobody tricked you into buying it or forced you to :/
Old 12.02.2011, 11:23 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
If it didn't meet your expectations, sell it, return it or whatever - don't go complaining, nobody tricked you into buying it or forced you to :/
Save your breath... I returned mine yet I still get continually harassed by the likes of you
Old 12.02.2011, 11:48 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

It's not harassing, it's human curiosity. I genuinely want to know why there's all these complaints. I want to know what in the human mind brings somebody to spend that kind of money for something he doesn't find joy in.

Let me try to explain why I find this annoying with an example, will you follow me?
I like motorbikes. I enjoy riding. For some reason, I like dirt bikes more than regular touring or sports bikes. For some (stranger) reason, I buy a Yamaha R1. Then I go on an Internet forum and complain that Yamaha doesn't provide an off-road set of wheels and suspension settings.

What foundations are there to sustain my complaints? Why have I bought the bike in the first place if it wasn't made for the purpose I wanted?

Also, you did the right thing, you returned the synth and hopefully you got your money back. You're not on this board just to complain but also to show your suggestion that I'm sure many people appreciate. I don't see why you felt "accused" here apart for the earlier discussion that I intentionally left behind because I feel a bit of a language barrier preventing us from understanding each other (just like in the Dune thread).

Last edited by Roby31 : 13.02.2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: fixed some "13 years old" spelling
Old 13.02.2011, 12:22 AM
Pro
Pro

This thread turned into more of a dream feature/request style thread instead of a discussion of where Access might move to in the future, which may be where some of the confusion about what constitutes complaining/whinging about features has risen up.

Theres already a good thread about feature/requests to peruse or add to.

As for the bickering, take a chill pill, make some bleeps, have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up .

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 13.02.2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
It's not harassing, it's human curiosity. I genuinely want to know why there's all these complaints. I want to know what in the human mind brings somebody to spend that kind of money for something he doesn't find joy in.

Let me try to explain why I find this annoying with an example, will you follow me?
I like motorbikes. I enjoy riding. For some reason, I like dirt bikes more than regular touring or sports bikes. For some (stranger) reason, I buy a Yamaha R1. Then I go on an Internet forum and complain that Yamaha doesn't provide an off-road set of wheels and suspension settings.

What foundations are there to sustain my complaints? Why have I bought the bike in the first place if it wasn't made for the purpose I wanted?

Also, you did the right thing, you returned the synth and hopefully you got your money back. You're not on this board just to complain but also to show your suggestion that I'm sure many people appreciate. I don't see why you felt "accused" here apart for the earlier discussion that I intentionally left behind because I feel a bit of a language barrier preventing us from understanding each other (just like in the Dune thread).
I was mostly just having some fun on the last comment, I wouldn't visit forums at all if I didn't enjoy it.

I am actually one that doesn't appreciate incessant whining, either, but I do try to differentiate between constructive complaints and those who just like to bitch.

I've always considered the Virus a really interesting study in all of this, because on one hand it is such a beautiful and sought-after instrument in the world of synthesis, yet many folks experience with it seems to be kind of like having a high-maintenance, tempermental girlfriend with a perfect body that you can't really seem to just force yourself send packing for various reasons but can never get to do what you want her to. I accepted the Virus as a similar entity, and I keep coming back here looking for maturity in certain areas of the product so that I can hopefully re-kindle the relationship. So on one hand I don't like unwarranted whining but I can understand why, at the current price point vs. what's available in software based plugins, a lot of folks have expectations that are not met by Virus hardware.