Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 16.03.2010, 02:27 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Sorry mate, but this is just the moment when we can hear about this - since Virus TI has been full of timing bugs etc. that have taken the attention of the user. (..untill around OS 3.0..)

I am sure that you will find this also, if you just follow the steps given in the first post.

The thing about this is that it is totally random when it starts - and you might need to make music about 45 minutes before it will happen.
I get what you are saying, and I believe you that following the steps that you gave will result in the problem you are describing. I'm just saying that after a few years of using Cubase and the TI (and my sessions usually last a few hours at a time) I've never run into the problem during normal operation. I've had timing issues and have lost sync, but I've had that with several VSTs and it happens once in a blue moon...usually solved by a simple stop/start.

This may be be completely different for you. This may be a serious problem for your setup that makes it impossible for you to be productive, but my point is I think you are overestimating the problem's scale as there are many of us (I would go so far as to say most of us) that don't have any issues with normal operation. If it was a glitch that "prevents pro music making on PC's" for most users in normal operation, then you would see a heck of a lot more people complaining about it. I do hope that you find a resolution to the problem, but please don't misrepresent the impact of this particular problem outside of your own experiance.
Old 17.03.2010, 04:44 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Sorry dude but Ive been using my virus in stand alone mode and VC for 5 years and released hundreds of TV and radio ads with the virus splattered all over them and I haven't encountered a single time ever that had to retune my virus.

To do the test and find out that after 15 time of resetting my ASIO driver and playing a sine wave at a million khz and it actually drifts, doesn't seem like a moment that I would ever encounter while making music so its pointless.

I think the title is absurd and uncalled for but that's just me. The TI is a great machine and although not perfect, it gets the job done.

Maybe you should set your VC outs to be analog and get a real interface for you system. dont rely on a external synth's audio I/O for your main DAW. Maybe that's why I dont run into the issue. I remember a while back I had some sample rate convert issues.. maybe you need to play around with who's master and slave.

GL
Old 17.03.2010, 11:53 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
I think the title is absurd and uncalled for but that's just me.
GL
+1. That isn't at all fair to Access.
Old 19.03.2010, 02:25 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
To do the test and find out that after 15 time of resetting my ASIO driver and playing a sine wave at a million khz and it actually drifts, doesn't seem like a moment that I would ever encounter while making music so its pointless.
Well - you see, if your Virus TI will drift after doing that - it will drift for example after opening VST plugins.

The title is totally fair - no one with an ear for pitch can produce tunes with a synth that does not stay in tune.

I am sorry if that offends some people who have not heard this by themselves, or seems abit egoic.

I don't care.
Old 19.03.2010, 02:28 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by markorbit View Post
+1. That isn't at all fair to Access.
Totally is.

They are bind by law to give compensation to all VIRUS TI users who ask them to compensate, if my case is proven correct.

Synth not staying in tune, and normal sequencing habits triggering the synth to drift can be considered a bug that will prevent the usage of the synth and render it unusable in any pro studio.

Personally all I have wanted has been a working synth.

The response from ACCESS has been only unprovessional ignorance. They are happy when their MAC users customers are happy..

my synth was even sent to Germany to ACCESS factories where for some reason they could not spot the obvious error - that is actually present in perhaps every Virus TI.

After 10 monts of sending emails to Thomann & Access together (and after my synth being returned after being investigated by an unprofessional emplyee @ ACCESS), I made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/virustios3

After that ACCESS responded that they had actually confirmed this bug exists.

Now they are not finding the fix they should - and are ignoring this thing totally.

Last edited by Jussi : 19.03.2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 19.03.2010, 10:34 PM
Pro
Pro

Clearly people are making professional music on the TI - Alix Perez, Depeche Mode, etc, etc, etc...

I watched your video - (btw Reaper is not a supported DAW as stated on the site) and could see what you meant.

I agree with the general sentiment that the TI is not a perfect product and is certainly flawed - but if you work around it or understand the issues it's actually quite easy to use consistently. If it drifts, reset it.

edit: Curious: Have you tried updating to OS 4 and retesting this Jussi?

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 20.03.2010, 01:06 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Clearly people are making professional music on the TI - Alix Perez, Depeche Mode, etc, etc, etc...

I watched your video - (btw Reaper is not a supported DAW as stated on the site) and could see what you meant.

I agree with the general sentiment that the TI is not a perfect product and is certainly flawed - but if you work around it or understand the issues it's actually quite easy to use consistently. If it drifts, reset it.

edit: Curious: Have you tried updating to OS 4 and retesting this Jussi?
Hello,

Yeah, the thingy that I was demonstrating with reaper is that this happens in every Daw.

This bug is present in PC under all TI Os, and all sequencers.

Alix Perez for example, is using Virus TI on MAC (as can be seen on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHdXLuLuso).. I also suspect he would not be that happy with his Virus drifting.

=/

Resetting does not fix this, it only sometimes makes it worse..

edit: and thanks for asking, yes I have tried OS 4..
edit2: incase you ment by resetting the Reset ASIO stuff, I will try the reset keys once more on the TI panel you meantioned in an earlier post. workarounds are allways welcome and appreciated and thanks in advance if that works!
Old 21.03.2010, 11:38 AM
Very mucho Newbie

IMO your doing it wrong! Alot of people use the TI as a main part of their PA's including myself with little or no trouble!
Old 23.03.2010, 12:04 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I tried playing a sine wave to a gazillion Hz for the last 2 hours in FL9 and no drifting whatsoever. Neither in retrigger mode, nor in freerunning mode. I tried adding other VSTis and VST FX, nothing. I tried using the TI as my soundcard, I tried using my 1010LT with analogue outs, I tried the usb outs. I can't recreate your bug on my system at the moment, and I don't think my Virus is blessed or something, for example it never worked very well with the control center.
Old 23.03.2010, 05:56 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
I tried playing a sine wave to a gazillion Hz for the last 2 hours in FL9 and no drifting whatsoever. Neither in retrigger mode, nor in freerunning mode. I tried adding other VSTis and VST FX, nothing. I tried using the TI as my soundcard, I tried using my 1010LT with analogue outs, I tried the usb outs. I can't recreate your bug on my system at the moment, and I don't think my Virus is blessed or something, for example it never worked very well with the control center.
I haven't tested what makes the TI tick in FL Studio 9, but I have tested it as far as to see that it does so - so I cannot give you the recipe how to try and reproduce.

Personally I'd think all this s**t was ACCESS job, not mine.

Different software reset the ASIO for different reasons - but it could also be that this softwarebug is only in 50% of the VIRUS TI's (..but I suspect it is more likely that there is something different in the FL Studio that can tip the TI over its head..).

It took me xx hours to find what does this in Cubase (besides all the ..screwed up.. songmaking), so if you wish to check for sure that your system is working - you should try the easiest way to reproduce this with Cubase.

If it happens with Cubase (on your system) - it will happen on every other software too.