Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.03.2010, 07:10 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
Bug?? You mean Feature!! Pitch drift just shows how dedicated Access is to true analog modeling
Yeah, and only on PC
Old 11.03.2010, 08:07 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
You are right, When I transpose my keyboard 3 times and play the highest note as possible, after hitting the reset button several times and hit and release the key several times, the pitch changes and is not constant
Yeah,

Thank you for testing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY View Post
I never noticed it and I never reseted the driver before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I too am also curious why you would hold down a note on a synth then keep resetting a driver - would you really expect it to keep working? Shouldnt you be stopping any audio information so the driver can reset correctly?
Resetting the Asio driver is only a fast way to check this - you can also reproduce this by opening a VSTi for another slot..

etc. (many things inside Cubase "reset" the ASIO - this is why pressing reset is only an easy way to demonstrate this.. Opening folders in windows will also cause this and so on. Anything you basically do in Cubase will at some point make this detuning happen)

Last edited by Jussi : 11.03.2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11.03.2010, 08:50 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I haven't experienced this (yet)
Old 11.03.2010, 09:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Yeah,

well, it is not just the Reset ASIO driver.

All ASIO programs reset the ASIO driver on multiple instances, when opening VST plugins for instance.

Reaper - as an example - resets the ASIO driver every time "play" is pressed.. In that program it does not take 30 minutes of songmaking or more to notice - as it is with Cubase.

This is the problem.

It goes offkey for zillions of reasons..
i think the "reset audio driver" option in cubase means something ... kind of special ... do you have the same problem in reaper? does it also happen to you when you just play/stop an arrangement?

marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 12.03.2010, 09:23 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Some times when I reset my RME Fireface soundcard with its' power switch my PC reboots instantly!!! XP can be a bitch like that..
Old 13.03.2010, 06:37 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via ICQ to tranqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Some times when I reset my RME Fireface soundcard with its' power switch my PC reboots instantly!!! XP can be a bitch like that..
I'm 99% sure that the cause is not the fireface but your FW controller or its XP drivers (I get that when I pull out my FW card during playback, but who does that anyway). OSX is less of a bitch, but kernel panic happens with that OS too

as to the pitch problem... I don't use cubase and never had any issues with ableton live - except that when playing live and switching patches via MIDI program change, VC occasionally says "out of sync, press stop and play". but that's about it, even though it says that in the status bar the virus stays in sync... I only noticed it by accident while rehearsing.

damn, I love this synth! and OS4 kicks serious ass
Old 14.03.2010, 12:10 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

LOL I think this title is a little dramatic..LMAO no drift here on a PC EVER.. MOTU 828MKIII and before I had a RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 and 9652

zilch!
Old 15.03.2010, 01:13 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i think the "reset audio driver" option in cubase means something ... kind of special ... do you have the same problem in reaper? does it also happen to you when you just play/stop an arrangement?

marc
Hello,

Yes,

agreed - and that is also the reason why I sent this as an easy example to Access (..earlier..) to try and spot what causes this behaviour.

There are numerous things happening in Cubase simultaneously, and sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes 45 minutes to occur.

Reset ASIO driver is only a good example for this.

I have not tested Reaper more, than to confirm that in that software it happens when one plays back the song..
Old 15.03.2010, 01:14 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
LOL I think this title is a little dramatic..LMAO no drift here on a PC EVER.. MOTU 828MKIII and before I had a RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 and 9652

zilch!
..and you tested this with a high pitched sine wave (and followed the steps in the first post) ?
Old 15.03.2010, 02:01 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstrom808 View Post
Kinda what I was thinking.

You'd think if this was as big of an issue as the OP is trying to make it out to be, that you'd hear a lot more fuss about it by now.
Sorry mate, but this is just the moment when we can hear about this - since Virus TI has been full of timing bugs etc. that have taken the attention of the user. (..untill around OS 3.0..)

I am sure that you will find this also, if you just follow the steps given in the first post.

The thing about this is that it is totally random when it starts - and you might need to make music about 45 minutes before it will happen.