Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.02.2010, 11:11 PM
Pro
Pro

I suggest reading the manual.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 06.02.2010, 03:01 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I dont need too, I know the machine in an out, I just dont use VC enough.
Old 06.02.2010, 03:17 AM
Pro
Pro

Fair enough - dont mean any offense. But you can send audio from OUT 1, 2 and 3 for your parts in the TI as the Virus plugin as three channels in your DAW - just set up the part output individually. For my purposes, I use the USB outs until I am ready to print, then I will send it via OUT 1 L+R as I feel it sounds richer.

Gorgeous studio btw.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Old 06.02.2010, 02:26 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Fair enough - dont mean any offense. But you can send audio from OUT 1, 2 and 3 for your parts in the TI as the Virus plugin as three channels in your DAW - just set up the part output individually. For my purposes, I use the USB outs until I am ready to print, then I will send it via OUT 1 L+R as I feel it sounds richer.

Gorgeous studio btw.

Its cool appreciate that. and thanks!

Yeah I use the multi-outs on the board itself too but not the USB ones, Im just used to using it independently because when i used the USB outs thru the DAW I got that latency and the thinner sound but I never tried to actually use the Analog outs while I had VC on...WWWWOOOPPsss..lol

Sure would've saved me a few frustrating moments. Question is why would you use it any other way? You can setup the exact same scenario if the DAWs audio interface has 6 inputs and retain the realtime playability and still benefit from the DAWs automation and channel features by using direct monitor with only one pass thru the engine instead of 2 by routing via USB.

www.othersidesounds.com
www.pushmp.com
Old 07.02.2010, 12:43 AM
Pro
Pro

I suppose the USB outs are useful for those who dont have the cash to own an audio interface with multi I/O (such as myself before I got rid of my little Tascam US144 and got a Motu Ultralite MK3), so it made the synth more marketable as Total Integration.

Old 07.02.2010, 04:44 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I suppose the USB outs are useful for those who dont have the cash to own an audio interface with multi I/O (such as myself before I got rid of my little Tascam US144 and got a Motu Ultralite MK3), so it made the synth more marketable as Total Integration.
Most definitely, Yeah if it's your interface then that's just the best way.

I think the D/As on the TI are pretty great it's the A/D's that kinda suck.

But yeah the MOTU stuff took a nice step up on its MKIII gear, very happy with the 828. Id love to have an Ultralite for my laptop but I need to control myself lol Might pick up one of these for the lappy, hopefully the TI plays nice with it.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...0&ParentId=114
Old 12.02.2010, 08:26 PM
New here
New here

I've got a TI and a C. I don't use TI mode. I found it more reliable to work with control lanes in my daw and sysex dumps.. I keep thinking I'll give TI another go. I just never get round to it yet I'm using the Viruses every working day. I do find it a drag that I can't see waveform displays or create arps and I have to hack sysex to edit the arps and other params but at least in feel in control and only dealing with the information I need.
Old 12.02.2010, 09:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwm View Post
I've got a TI and a C. I don't use TI mode. I found it more reliable to work with control lanes in my daw and sysex dumps.. I keep thinking I'll give TI another go. I just never get round to it yet I'm using the Viruses every working day. I do find it a drag that I can't see waveform displays or create arps and I have to hack sysex to edit the arps and other params but at least in feel in control and only dealing with the information I need.

definitely give it another whack cuz I have found a new way to do it from what Im used too and I'm very happy so far...editing the arps was always a plus but the VC was a drag but if you reroute things it gives you the same realtime response,, granted you have to have a low latency setup for Direct monitoring if not then you'll end up going back to your regular ways.
Old 23.11.2011, 06:45 PM
New here
New here

There are problems to be sure with the TI. My particular issue was with the fact that it doesn't work at all however, I do like the sound and functions. I do not need multiple sequenced tracks because I don't sequence everything. What I do want however is to be able to access every parameter on the machine. That is not so easy without the software part. Furthermore, I just purchased a new system using pro tools because it talks well to the music community. I got Pro Tools 10, that is what is being sold now and besides, the new computer has Lion and needed it to some degree though it could have been dealt with. In any event I asked Access whether PT 10 and Lion were supported. They did not simply say "NO BUT WE ARE WORKING ON IT". They avoided the whole issue with basic BS that sounded suspiciously like "we don't care or too bad sucker". I confronted them, viciously, through email of course. The disabled my email account and refused to allow me "ACCESS" to the downloads. In fact I could not even register the product and they advised I return it (something the store was not happy with). So it appears to me that, like any manufacturer, their goal is to sell product, whether it works or not as intended is up for grabs. I liken it to going into a tire store and telling them you heard that a particular set of tires were great. The guy asks what kind of car you have and you tell him, a Honda Civic. You then ask about the cool tires which it turns out are for an entirely different vehicle HOWEVER the salesman justifies it by thinking that if you change the rims also you MIGHT get them on your car and sells them to you. He does this while smiling away and being oh so gracious. You discover this and go back and curse him out at which point he says you are rude and obnoxious and are banned from the store. Now I'm no criminal however it seems to me that merely kissing someone while you rape them does not turn the act into seduction. It is still rape.
Old 23.11.2011, 11:15 PM
New here
New here

Nobody forced anybody to use the TI but that is completely besides the point. The real point is if you decided you liked the sound of the instrument and think the function set is what you are looking for and have then gone and SPENT YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY BASED UPON THE AD HYPE the thing should work. A few problems are understandable, the release of a product not quite ready for the market or with an overwhelming number of bugs and problems is just plain dishonest. It the people at Virus want to get back to programming (which by the way it not their job, their job is to design, develop and manufacture the equipment so that users can program them to their liking) then they should market a product that does not have so many problems. There is way too many problems on these web sites for it to be either a coincidence or as some of the more computer oriented probably think, user malfunction or lack of brains or knowledge. Isn't it possible that having spent a good deal of time and money trying to capture the fading hardware market for digital synths that Access just managed to prove the rule, not the exception.