Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.08.2009, 12:33 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

ive got to say i love vc, its what made me upgrade from the kc to the ti and im glad i dont have to mess around with midi cables, assigning midi channels and all that hassle and the ti is my main soundcard. ive been tempted by other hardware but put off by the prospect of going back to all that, i wish more manufactures would do midi/audio over usb and have a software interface, id probably buy them then.
ive only had a few minor issues but otherwise its been stable 99.9% of the time on version 3.
Old 06.08.2009, 01:55 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by luddy View Post
psst: some people bought it for the sound it makes and not only so they could pretend it is a software plug-in. weird, I know.

-Luddy
hehe classic.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 06.08.2009, 11:41 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Before having purchased the TI2, I believed that I would exploit the Total Integration fully: And so it was a joy to behold those lovely waveforms and EGs, fiddle with the ARPs in VC, browse and browse again, at once vast and diverse numbers of presets, sending both audio and midi over USB, in lieu of a decent audio interface!

However, these past months at least, I utilise VC for browsing presets, and that alone! I do route my DAW audio via the Virus, but all Virus sound creation and preset reconfiguration is done on the synth itself! I find myself drawn to it, and, being a simpleton, feel that mousing a change in filter cut-off isn't quite the same as knobbing it! I am pleased with the USB MIDI, but that's nothing special, eh?

Given a decent MOTU or similar, I doubt I would use TI but for browsing patch treasure!

(^_^) Ahh, what am i saying this time? (^_^)
Old 06.08.2009, 05:10 PM

I use the total integration features of the Virus, well, totally! It is the source of most of my sounds and it is my audio and midi interface. I haven't had any problems at all. I think that it is just great!
Old 05.02.2010, 01:58 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Im using it in stand alone mode as well. Although I prefer to program it with VC, it just creates a huge clusterfuk in my DAW setup as I have an 828mkIII as my interface, I'm not going to use the TI as my studios I/O. Im basically going to attach the TI to a secondary system and let it be it's interface, see how that works. Trigger it remotely via MIDI still but at least have access to VC without messing with my DAW.

Haven't tried this, but do the midi ports still work even if I'm using the USB connected to a second system?

This is important as the Virus is my main controller so it would kill it if I wasn't able to access the keys, knobs and controllers via midi.

all in all they shouldn't dumb down the TI software they should just have a remote mode that lets you use VC via USB midi and disable the ASIO interface as an option. that cant be that difficult to do.

www.othersidesounds.com
Old 05.02.2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///OSS View Post
Haven't tried this, but do the midi ports still work even if I'm using the USB connected to a second system?

This is important as the Virus is my main controller so it would kill it if I wasn't able to access the keys, knobs and controllers via midi.

www.othersidesounds.com
Yes, the MIDI ports still work. You can access the MIDI ports over the USB connection.
Old 05.02.2010, 07:23 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveNinja View Post
Yes, the MIDI ports still work. You can access the MIDI ports over the USB connection.

yeah but thats not what I mean, I mean having the USB connected to a secondary system so I can pull up VC on that computer..edit and save sounds. Then utilize the MIDI off my Main DAWs 828MKIII to trigger the virus remotely simultaneous. might have to log it off the VC anyways just to have access to the physical midi ports. going to try today
Old 05.02.2010, 08:28 PM
Pro
Pro

I use multiple tracks in my DAW for the virus and automate a lot of the parameters etc and its wonderful for that, but I am more likely to make patches in stand alone mode listening to the analog outs then to make patches with VC open and working on a project. Too many issues with knobs working from Synth to VC but not VC to synth to make it worthwhile for me.

Looking forward to 4.0.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 05.02.2010, 09:59 PM
Very mucho Newbie

yeah I dont know Im here experimenting internaly still and no matter what the latency gets doubled. and the sound gets a little "processed" to say the least. I got it to work with a secondary interface, I just leave the ASIO on my MOTU and you can still call up and listen to the virus its just that the physical MIDI ports die, but your getting mega latency and my system is currently at 6ms so id imagine its at 12MS due to the damn USB audio bullcrap. They need to make a remote mode that just lets you use the USB for MIDI only and just interface with the VC as a controller that's automated by the DAW like any other VSTi. The doubling of the latency is unacceptable and pointless. I just turn off the VC and go back to using it via MIDI and turn on my Direct Monitor in my DAW and I get super low 6ms latency and the sound being processed by realtime plug-ins before I even print to track at the composition stage. Cant trade that amazing feature for just easier editing via VC.

Still going to try to place the Virus in a secondary system and see if I can still do it but it seems like once VC is on, the sound changes and gets double the active latency. no fun
Old 05.02.2010, 10:33 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Hmmm I did find out a way to do it

you change the audio output from USB1 L+R to Out1 L+R

then it goes straight to the DAWs interface and latency disappears, you can apply the same effects as you would onto the VSTi track by just doing direct monitor but retain the low latency and edit with VC

not bad.