Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 17.01.2004, 12:12 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Do you happen to live in a shed? Sorry, poor The Fast Show remark.
u should know, all australians live in sheds! but as im over here in japan - i live in a box! hehe

Quote:
I've always been keen on celtic music. Very rythmic music with great melodies. Eastern music is also ok, but works better when integrated on other kind of music (for example space rock). And speaking of space rock I forgot to mention Ozric Tentacles.
i like a bit of celtic music too...ive been listening to some music from the middle east recently. very strange vocal chants. rythmic and passionate.

Quote:
Manson's records have very personal sound
i aggree! ive have a few manson tracks on a compilation put together by a friend of mine and i think the tracks are great! lots of passion..although its dark passion....

http://www.electromancer.com/artist.php?id=ba2a022b8f

go here and listen to this guys tracks juho...the newest 2 are his best i think...'something else' and 'bukkake smile' not for the faint hearted..but many people compare his work to manson...its more on the electronic side though.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 17.01.2004, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
u should know, all australians live in sheds! but as im over here in japan - i live in a box! hehe
Living in a box... Shivers. The 80's... Argghhh... "Living in a box".

Quote:
i like a bit of celtic music too...ive been listening to some music from the middle east recently. very strange vocal chants. rythmic and passionate.
Yes. All those ethnic vocal chants vary from horrible to interesting. Or sometimes they are horrible and interesting.

Quote:
i aggree! ive have a few manson tracks on a compilation put together by a friend of mine and i think the tracks are great! lots of passion..although its dark passion....
Well you should get Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. AS is more agressive and AS is a bit lighter. Very different records but they still have that Manson colour in them. Both of them are great records.

Quote:
go here and listen to this guys tracks juho...the newest 2 are his best i think...'something else' and 'bukkake smile' not for the faint hearted..but many people compare his work to manson...its more on the electronic side though.
Hehee... Someone has really been listening to MM. Sounds good. Thanks for the link.
Old 31.01.2004, 01:26 AM
New here
New here

Quote:

Well you should get Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. AS is more agressive and AS is a bit lighter. Very different records but they still have that Manson colour in them. Both of them are great records.
ASSS and Mechanical are excellent, excellent albums. they arent cheesy as long as you regard them in the correct context: the whole Bowie/Cooper glam rock, larger than life thing. its really class though, and i think those records stand as two of the best in the past 10 years.

currently ive been listening to alot of Mindless Self Indulgence, Mediaeval Baebes, NIN, Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Lovage, Mars Volta

I saw these bands mentioned above that have a special place in my rotation tooL Fischerspooner, King Crimson, Moloko.
Old 31.01.2004, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolver
ASSS and Mechanical are excellent, excellent albums. they arent cheesy as long as you regard them in the correct context: the whole Bowie/Cooper glam rock, larger than life thing. its really class though, and i think those records stand as two of the best in the past 10 years.
Yes. Indeed.

Today happened something I wouldn't ever thought to happen again: I found really good psytrance. The band/artist is Psychaos. Really good! The best basslines I've ever heard and there's a personal touch in these songs, unlike Hux Flux and other that tend to sound alike.

The strange thing is that I found it through this: http://www.gnoosic.com/tripex.php. Very interesting site.