Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 24.01.2006, 03:44 PM

Default Effect's for trance????

I was wondering concerning effect's............WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO GO ie; HARDWARE or SOFTWARE for trance music??????? Let me know what you guy's think.
Old 24.01.2006, 05:31 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

what are you missing?
the Virus TI effects are rather good,i realy like the virus reverb and phaser and now you have a fx section for every single channel so you are very unlimited.
Old 24.01.2006, 08:16 PM

Delay and reverb. Give this delay plug a run. I like it second best to loic's tape delay.

http://www.pspaudioware.com/indexen....ns/608md.html;
Old 24.01.2006, 08:38 PM

Id say for reverb and delay use something like a Lexicon 550....and then for chorus and phaser use ur virus

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 24.01.2006, 08:39 PM

I agree with Tomer, the effects on the TI are really good. In conjunction with those, I use dBaudiowares Quantum fx set - http://www.db-audioware.com/ for more sound mangling (very fun) and finally for mixing and mastering I use Universal Audios UAD-1s.
Old 24.01.2006, 09:12 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Merlot: I haven't tried PSP608 yet but it looks overkill a bit don't you think? How is it on the cpu?
Old 24.01.2006, 11:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Smooth sounding distortion seems to be the relm of old hardware only and is the one thing Im missing.

The rest seems to be taken care of one way or another with patience between synths and plugins...

As for the hardware route - thers alot of good useable hardware processors around that dont cost alot - the killer comes when one day you cant deal with the chaos any more and need patch bays, so you tot up all your ins and sends order and few patch bays then realise you have do a shot gun job on several large high street banks to pay for all the extra cables you need
Old 25.01.2006, 04:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Just having a look at the Lex MPX 550 - anyone know how it compares with the MPX-1?

Is the MPX 1 still worth the extra loot given its age?
Old 25.01.2006, 06:09 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

You could always try the plugin SIR, with some free MPX550 impulses, to get an idea of what the box can sound like.

Obviously the impulses are static but they still sound great.

I used to have an MPX550 amongst others and have got rid in favour of Plugin effects. For verb I mainly use the Powercore verbs and the UAD's Plate 140.

For delay I use PSP42 or PSP84 and Ohmboyz, looking forward to the space echo emulation soon to be released by Universal Audio.

For chorus I use the UADs - the 2 roland chorus are fantastic.

Compression = Voxengo and various UAD comps.

Drammy
Old 25.01.2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
Just having a look at the Lex MPX 550 - anyone know how it compares with the MPX-1?

Is the MPX 1 still worth the extra loot given its age?
All depends on how pro your recordings are......and lets be honest Are you releasing your material? Are you producing it in its entirity? Do you produce in a dedicated studio?

If your home bound and want good results for reverb and delay duties then Id say the MPX 550 will suffice....and its easy to set up and tweak. The MPX1 on the other hand has a more complex UI and editing could be a pain. Both will give you nice results for reverb and delay. For additional effects look elsewhere. Perhaps for chorus and phaser....either use your virus, dedicated software plugin....or better still....get a true analog version. True analog chorus/phaser is sublime.

Within the next few years I think im going to use plugin effects and use analog chorus/phaser. Plugin effects have really improved in recent years....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....