Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.04.2009, 05:45 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Snap, Crackle, Pop: When will this sh*t ever stop?

I've had enough. Had this crap since VC was "beta". It's still beta, it's just that it's called 3.0x, 3.0x version of the beta that is. A couple years later and I still can't record a friggin 2 minute bit. F*ck you Access.
Old 15.04.2009, 09:13 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I'm just having my Snow for some weeks, but already I'm losing faith in it.
I couldn't imagine how frustrating it would be, having issues for years, and still not solved!

I basically spent my Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night on getting my Snow up and running again!
Old 15.04.2009, 12:21 PM
Veteran
Veteran

could you guys be a little bit more specific?

marc
Old 15.04.2009, 12:45 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Double post LOL
Old 15.04.2009, 12:47 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpank View Post
I've had enough. Had this crap since VC was "beta". It's still beta, it's just that it's called 3.0x, 3.0x version of the beta that is. A couple years later and I still can't record a friggin 2 minute bit. F*ck you Access.
I have a Snow, and too im experiencings issues with OS 3

However "F**k you Access" is not the right response regarding OS 3. Its in Beta, and they are damn quick to release updates to this Beta when the problems are logged.

If I had such problems that I couldn't write I would roll back to 2.7. Thats what you paid for, everything else is a Bonus. And I Love Access for it.

N.b I do have my share of screaming moments, as im sure people with other brands do too.
Old 15.04.2009, 03:58 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpank View Post
I'll just add in some problems I've had. I've owned every virus since version A and now have a TI Polar and a TI Snow. Both have had their share of wacky problems. To stay on topic though, my Snow, which I use only with a laptop and also use as an audio interface for that laptop, has some serious issue that any audio nearing the 0dB mark (in logic, quicktime, anything) i'll get crazy pops/clicks. Any louder and it's utter distortion. Even with a commercially released MP3 that's properly mastered and normalized will clip the virus outputs in the most annoying of ways.

Oddly, the bigger Polar does not do this, nor does any audio interface i've ever owned. Kind of a weird problem, I am also not sure if there is a solution or if other people are having this come up. Anyone?
Old 15.04.2009, 04:12 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmcg View Post
I'll just add in some problems I've had. I've owned every virus since version A and now have a TI Polar and a TI Snow. Both have had their share of wacky problems. To stay on topic though, my Snow, which I use only with a laptop and also use as an audio interface for that laptop, has some serious issue that any audio nearing the 0dB mark (in logic, quicktime, anything) i'll get crazy pops/clicks. Any louder and it's utter distortion. Even with a commercially released MP3 that's properly mastered and normalized will clip the virus outputs in the most annoying of ways.

Oddly, the bigger Polar does not do this, nor does any audio interface i've ever owned. Kind of a weird problem, I am also not sure if there is a solution or if other people are having this come up. Anyone?
I too have this problem. TBH all I have been able to do, is turn down whatever is playing the audio ( iTunes etc)

Within my daw i ALWAYS put a limiter on the master bus, specifcaly to stop this from happening.
Old 15.04.2009, 06:28 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I use my TI2 Desktop STANDALONE ONLY, and I also get pops and clicks on certain patches / multis. To be honest, I never anticipated this prior to purchase.
Old 15.04.2009, 07:30 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl516 View Post
I use my TI2 Desktop STANDALONE ONLY, and I also get pops and clicks on certain patches / multis. To be honest, I never anticipated this prior to purchase.
Yup same, I have had a total of 4 TI desktops now. Had mobo replaced in one and then had a brand new one to replace that, it had the LED hardware problem, got another brand new one and still I get occasional pops and clicks in stand alone and VC. It's usable, but I must admit it still annoys me. Based on the number of machines I have had trying to resolve the pops I have to believe that every TI out there does this under certain circumstances.

Luke
Old 15.04.2009, 07:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmcg View Post
To stay on topic though, my Snow, which I use only with a laptop and also use as an audio interface for that laptop, has some serious issue that any audio nearing the 0dB mark (in logic, quicktime, anything) i'll get crazy pops/clicks. Any louder and it's utter distortion.
did you ever write into access support? if so, please PM me with the issue #. i know that we had a similar problem some time ago with the rest of the TI family and we fixed it. i wasn't aware that it still happens with the snow.

thanks, marc