Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.04.2009, 04:31 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkaz View Post
even easier: press CONFIG and go to SYSTEM 1/5 and just switch them off globally...

r
I always do this - I use so many delay and reverb plugins that I would rather save the horsepower on the TI for cool oscillators and modulations rather than delays and reverbs. I usually never print any sound with reverb or delay anyway, so it is fine.
Old 22.04.2009, 01:25 PM
Pro
Pro

I must admit the pops and crackles are really putting a a downer on my ability to enjoy and use the TI... I bought it primarily for live use, but I can't imagine what its going to sound like gigging with constant pops and crackles and unexpected stuff coming through a PA. To be quite honest, I don't think a single mode patch should encounter these sorts of issues, from a synth that in Australia retails for nearly $5000 aussie dollars.

Anyone do much live work with the TI (I own a Polar) and got any opinions on this?
Old 22.04.2009, 03:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I must admit the pops and crackles are really putting a a downer on my ability to enjoy and use the TI... I bought it primarily for live use, but I can't imagine what its going to sound like gigging with constant pops and crackles and unexpected stuff coming through a PA. To be quite honest, I don't think a single mode patch should encounter these sorts of issues, from a synth that in Australia retails for nearly $5000 aussie dollars.

Anyone do much live work with the TI (I own a Polar) and got any opinions on this?
if you have a single patch that crackles, let us know which one and what needs to be done in order to make it crackle. this way we can work on it.

thanks, marc
Old 22.04.2009, 07:49 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

I've never had asingle patch what crackles unless it was too loud.
Old 22.04.2009, 09:37 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via AIM to jdez101

using 44 hz
Old 22.04.2009, 11:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
I play live with a Polar quite a bit, and I don't run into problems with popping and crackling. When I first had the keyboard (i.e., on an early rev of the O.S.) I ran into much more of this, but not much any more.

I've grown more and more comfortable over time using it on stage. I do get the odd stuck note and some other instability from time to time, but these have become rare. I'm going to use it live tomorrow night, and I've got 3.0.12 loaded up. Zero problems with it during rehearsals.

-Luddy
Old 23.04.2009, 02:21 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
2) With all versions of the virus - I get intermittent LOUD pops, snaps and SPARKS when cycling through random patches. Sometimes I can go for a few hours with no problems at all....then I will stop playing, select a new patch...and then hit a key....and get a wonderful LOUD shitty blast through the speakers for a split second. This sound can either resemble a massive pop/spark or split second detune or some wierd artifact in the delay effect parameter. I swear one day it will give me a heart attack.

This occurs in standalone mode...even when the synth is not hooked up to the computer. I'm convinced its the effects section of the virus which is causing this. Maybe a conflict between delay parameters between differing patches?

I have to admit...I really hoped this would have been rectified in the TI2 but it is not. All of the above have been observed in the TI2 with the same frequency as earlier versions. This particular problem is the most problematic for me - occasional midi timing/syncing issues (god knows why this happens?) do not bother me so much....its the LOUD, random weirdness that spews from my speakers from time to time that deminishes my confidence. I like to play my gear loud to get into the vibe - the Virus puts lovely sounds....but is ruined by this random weirdness. I have to resort to auditioning the virus on VERY low volume settings for fear of damaging my speakers/health. I can only comfortably play it back loud when the Virus channel is muted on my mixer and I am playing back recorded audio via cubase.

On a positive note - I can confirm that the TI2 keyboard is a beautiful looking synth with gorgeous build quality. The quality of sounds is world class. It is ultimately let down by the persistent uncontrollable/random loud shittyness.

Just as a side note - I have never experienced these pop/sparks/spits from other VA synths. I am CONVINCED it is related to the effects section on the Virus. I would be very grateful if Access could release a beta OS which turns off ALL internal effects so that we could cycle through random factory presets to determin whether the problems persists. This would once and for all help us to identify what is causing it.....

I still rate the TI2 9/10 - I want to rate it 10/10....which is what I feel it deserves. Keep up the good work Access.....we'll get there in the end im sure.

Cheers

DS
Oh my gosh, 100% agreed.

Quote:
I've never had asingle patch what crackles unless it was too loud.
There's a difference between the crackling that occurs if say the oscillators before the filters are too loud VS the completely random soon-to-give-me-and-DS-a-heartattack type of unrepeatable sharp burst of noise.

And I know it wasn't a 'patch-too-loud' because along with the noise, ALL the lights dimmed as if the DSP wanted to crash.
Old 23.04.2009, 02:08 PM
Pro
Pro

Thank you for your replies.

I will have to have a play with the patch and see if the patch/oscillator volumes are whats causing the slight crackling sounds, I wasn't aware it could actually be a factor in causing that type of wavery, slightly crackly and random sound. So it could quite easily be my fault, as this is my first foray into actual synthesis, having mostly used workstations/presets. Any tips or things I should look for in the patches to help stop a level overload/issue?

All those issues aside, this is the first instrument I have owned that I can switch on and say every time I play it, I get exhilarated and amazed by the depth of the sounds.
Old 23.04.2009, 04:21 PM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm gonna approach this from a different angle:

I'm wondering if there's something I can do as a user that will make the TI2 less prone to these weird glitches?

-Perhaps, should I turn volume down before changing patches?

-Always press PANIC at the start of every patch?

-Give it some time when switching from Multi to Single?

Cuz when the unit is fine, which is like 95% of the time, it sounds so damn good.
Old 26.04.2009, 07:53 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

what firewire card u guy using becuase i had problem emailed access and they said use a specific firewire card