Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

View Poll Results: would you prefer to sign to a major or indie lable?
major 5 29.41%
indie 4 23.53%
fuk them i will go it alone 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22.12.2005, 05:15 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Much love for Factory records... Tony Wilson is the fucking man.
i was talking about ian boddy of din records who also does sound design for zero-g products, but it seems he isnt the only person to use these methods, it just goes to show that all the paper work dosnt need to be the case.when you get a contract and need some music layer just to decipher it for you.
Quote:
I was watching a documentary on Howard Shore (composer for Lord of the Rings Trilogy). What an amazingly talented individual!
what was the show called doc ?was there lots of mouth watering studio hardware pis etc ?, would like to see this altho i have never seen lord of the rings, and yes i have been on planet earth mostly the last 10 years.[/u]
Old 03.01.2006, 05:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight

why even sign with a label? Its sorta an anachronism to go with music labels... yes they still have the machinery to market you to the masses, but the profits within the music industry have long gone because record companies are too damned greedy. They should have lowered album prices after everyone converted their lps to cds. Instead they decided to make lots of money and not keep up with digitial technology and in its stead we get misguided attempts like sony's spyware audio player on their latest cd's like the new backstreet boys album (who cares about that release) and the new foo fighters album (they were better back in the day anyways).

My take on the whole thing: find out where your music is actually MAKING money... and Im certain that most of it isnt in album sales these days. In my band, the club owners only book us if we bring in crowds. And they make money NOT off of the ticket prices, but off of beer and alcohol consumed by those crowds (of our fans).

Where do you guys see music producing profits these days?
Old 06.01.2006, 02:52 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

We just released our CD through our own Indie record label and the results are great. I highly recommend using CD Baby for online distribution. They distributed our CD on many popular mp3 sites .

www.in-a-sense.com